WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Donald Trump

Originally posted by Cannic88 View Post
    that's the biggest concern...how he would handle foreign relations...his no tolerance stance and his this is how it is approach will not work with other countries and could just lead to further tensions.
    While I get what you're saying, many people are sick of our current President and Sec State capitulating on so many issues, withdrawing from the world, leading from behind, etc. Again, Trump's primary appeal is as a protest candidate. It's all about backlash against political correctness, weakness, etc. If we had a stronger President, with a stronger vision of America's place in the world, a guy like Trump doesn't have near as much traction.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
      While I get what you're saying, many people are sick of our current President and Sec State capitulating on so many issues, withdrawing from the world, leading from behind, etc. Again, Trump's primary appeal is as a protest candidate. It's all about backlash against political correctness, weakness, etc. If we had a stronger President, with a stronger vision of America's place in the world, a guy like Trump doesn't have near as much traction.
      The republican media machine strikes again! You must have missed where bin Laden is dead, two world dictators are ousted with one of them dead), more most wanted terrorists are dead in Obama's first couple of years, Bush officials said that he was too hawkish on terrorism, and fewer Americans are dead under Obama.

Yeah, derned weak that Obama is!

Benghazi !! Benghazi !!! Benghazi !! Benghazi !!........ Republicans sound sorta like Rudy "9/11" Giuliani. But they've substituted "Banghazi" for the "9/11." Thing is, the numbers for Obama and ...

When a window of opportunity opened to strike the leader of al-Qaeda in East Africa last September, U.S. Special Operations forces prepared several options. They could obliterate his vehicle with an airstrike as he drove through southern Somalia. Or they could fire from helicopters that could land...

Comment

Lock it! Lock it now before it's too late!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
          well said Stein
          Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

The fact Ban loves him some Obama makes me very happy.
            Originally posted by TH1974
            This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
              The fact Ban loves him some Obama makes me very happy.
              I'm starting to get the feeling he's pretty far left on the political spectrum.

Makes his comments about people being paid market value being wrong make a lot more sense

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                I'm starting to get the feeling he's pretty far left on the political spectrum.

Makes his comments about people being paid market value being wrong make a lot more sense

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                Nope. Just the same thought I've had since all of this started: given how much more that professors bring into universities than coaches, and given what each of them are producing, it is a skewed "market" when the least productive earns ten times more than the most productive.

Funny how my question has yet to be answered by anyone on here too. Can a university survive without athletics (note: Wichita state football)? Can one survive without pofessors?

Boo-ya!
                Last edited by ban basketball; 07-25-2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

It's mind boggling how you think this is even close to the arguments you've been making about Jacobson

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                    It's mind boggling how you think this is even close to the arguments you've been making about Jacobson
                    When did I ever mention Jacobson in any of this? Answer: not one time.

So, you never heard me make the argument about the output of each profession, how much money that each bring into a university, and which of the two professions that a university can actually live without? Never heard that argument from me? So, please inform all of us what I was arguing then.

This has become mind blowing to me, in that I've had 6,007 sheep on this forum make these claims about what I have and haven't said, yet not one person can verify any of their claims. However, I can verify my claims, which I keep doing over and over again, leaving the sheep stupified and embarrassed.
                    Last edited by ban basketball; 07-25-2015, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Are you suggesting that Ben Jacobson is not the UNI basketball coach that you vehemently argued was being grossly overpaid.

"Ben Jacobson shouldn't make more than UNI professors" is not anywhere close to "Can UNI survive without athletics/without professors". That's the stupidest loaded question I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                        Are you suggesting that Ben Jacobson is not the UNI basketball coach that you vehemently argued was being grossly overpaid.

"Ben Jacobson shouldn't make more than UNI professors" is not anywhere close to "Can UNI survive without athletics/without professors". That's the stupidest loaded question I've ever heard.
                        Precisely what I've been saying about unsubstantiated claims from the sheep. You just did it too, having absolutely zero knowledge of what I have and have not said in that discussion.

Please, once and for all, go back to that thread and (1) read where I did not mention his name once and (2) how the sheep tried to get me to mention his name in it, neither of which I did.

See, folks? Everything that is assumed about what I have said on here is false and conjecture. Do, please, all you, go back and read what I actually said. Got it? Good...

Comment

Maybe I'll just point out - regardless of the accuracy of his recall and the rightness of his position, a wrestler will continue to fight and not give up - ever. So...

Comment

Oh, I'll quit when instigators stop baiting me, or when I am wrong. Probably the last ten posts I've made have been to defend myself against lies and false claims. When that is the case, yes, I won't quit, plus it's enjoyable to keep owning them when they lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ban basketball View Post

Precisely what I've been saying about unsubstantiated claims from the sheep. You just did it too, having absolutely zero knowledge of what I have and have not said in that discussion.

Please, once and for all, go back to that thread and (1) read where I did not mention his name once and (2) how the sheep tried to get me to mention his name in it, neither of which I did.

See, folks? Everything that is assumed about what I have said on here is false and conjecture. Do, please, all you, go back and read what I actually said. Got it? Good...
                              And you've continued to ignore the first argument presented to you. Replace most of the professors at UNI and nothing changes. Enrollment stays the same, academic quality likely stays the same, UNI survives and continues to be one of the best schools in the Midwest. Why? Because at a non-research institution those specific professors bring in very little from a financial/recruitment stand point that their replacement couldn't as well. The same can't be said about a basketball coach like Jacobson.

Comment

I'm sorry to everyone tired of this crap for even bringing this up. I have no idea how we got to this point considering we proved Ban wrong on this long ago. It's obvious that he cannot possibly be wrong on anything despite being shown plenty of facts. Ill stop, at the risk that he'll believe he has owned everyone and inflates his infallibility even further.

Comment

Working...
                                X