WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyler Sash died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Sash died

"Lot of people talked about Ohio State or Georgetown or Michigan State or whoever, [or] Maryland in our bracket. When the brackets came out, the first team I looked at was Northern Iowa," Kansas Coach Bill Self.

Re: Tyler Sash died

This is so sad. Condolences to his family and teammates.

Comment

Very sad. Prayers to his family and friends. RIP Tyler Sash.

Comment

Tuesday afternoon, I received a text message on my phone from a former teammate of mine. "Bro, Tyler Sash passed away." My immediate respons...

This is a GREAT read! We all need to reflect about our expectations for student/athletes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
          http://jwoody32.blogspot.com/2015/09...hlete.html?m=1

This is a GREAT read! We all need to reflect about our expectations for student/athletes!!!
          all too true

Comment

Wow, that was fantastic. Great job by Jeff Woody

Comment

That's incredible and so true. Something we need to remember this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. I am speechless.
                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by PantherChic View Post
                  That's incredible and so true. Something we need to remember this weekend.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
                  Exactly. Perspective x100.
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

The article I read makes it seem like the passing may have been self-inflicted. While I know nothing about his situation, I have to place some blame on the NFL's substance abuse policy because although he was taking Adderall for anxiety, it appears that the policy potentially made he cease from using the drug to treat this obviously legitimate condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
                      The article I read makes it seem like the passing may have been self-inflicted. While I know nothing about his situation, I have to place some blame on the NFL's substance abuse policy because although he was taking Adderall for anxiety, it appears that the policy potentially made he cease from using the drug to treat this obviously legitimate condition.
                      I thought Adderall was for ADHD, not anxiety.

It's a sad situation, for sure. But I don't see how the NFL's substance policy is to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                        I thought Adderall was for ADHD, not anxiety.

It's a sad situation, for sure. But I don't see how the NFL's substance policy is to blame.
                        Me too, but the Register article said that he was taking it to help deal with anxiety.

Comment

Why is Adderall on the NFL's list of banned substances? Makes no sense.
                          Originally posted by TH1974
                          This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                            It's essentially speed when used "properly" and in large enough quantities. Oh, and it contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Adderall is great for those who it is properly prescribed for and used. Really, most who are prescribed it shouldn't be.

Go to Google and start reading what happens to the body when you crush Adderall and snort it. Or what amphetamine and dextroamphetamine can do to the body. Makes plenty of sense if you understand chemistry, drugs, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                              Adderall is an amphetimine.

Amphetamine is used by some athletes for its psychological and performance-enhancing effects, such as increased stamina and alertness;[45][15] however, its use is prohibited at sporting events regulated by collegiate, national, and international anti-doping agencies.[46][47] In healthy people at oral therapeutic doses, amphetamine has been shown to increase physical strength, acceleration, stamina, and endurance, while reducing reaction time

Comment

Working...
                              X