WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ with a nice catch and run on 3rd and goal getting tackled just short of the endzone. Another AZ FG.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Originally posted by ProwlingPanther View Post
      David whiffed in pass protection leading to a sack and a field goal of 54 yards for the Cardinals.

Yeah, that was a big whiff. He basically was a spectator on that play, seeing Mosley blow by him and then come back around him while he watched.

He made a great pick on the dback to free Floyd for the TD catch in the second quarter. (Added on edit - he was lined up in the slot of a no-back formation at the Ravens' 3 or so yard line; Palmer saw the matchup and signalled the Johnson and Floyd where it was going just before taking the shotgun snap).
      Last edited by ronfitch; 10-26-2015, 08:45 PM.
      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

DJ is in on every 3rd down and appears to be the goal line rb. Has lined up as H back and R back inside the 5 yard line.

Comment

Game stats show that DJ accounted for one of the four Arizona turnovers against the Browns. The game was not shown in my market. Did he lose if from being careless or was it stripped, and who recovered the fumble? It seems like he has been having troubles holding onto the ball, which surprises me. The good news is CJ and Fitzgerald both gave up the ball in the same game.
          Last edited by mwatje; 11-01-2015, 02:43 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Chris Johnson put it on the ground twice, lost both times. Beyond kick returns, I didn't hear DJ mentioned but a couple of plays, both positive.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

NFL.com play-by-play stated that DJ fumbled on a run play, but that the ball went out of bounds and AZ retained possession. (the box score can get somewhat confusing, as I think Cleveland also has a receiver named D. Johnson.

Looks like that was DJ's only carry, though he did have a few kick returns (nothing spectacular. averaging about 23 yds/return) and a few catches, including about a 34 yarder

Comment

Originally posted by mwatje View Post
                Game stats show that DJ accounted for one of the four Arizona turnovers against the Browns. The game was not shown in my market. Did he lose if from being careless or was it stripped, and who recovered the fumble? It seems like he has been having troubles holding onto the ball, which surprises me. The good news is CJ and Fitzgerald both gave up the ball in the same game.
                It wouldn't surprise me, DJ had quite the fumbling problem through the end of his junior year. He worked very hard on it and sured it up for his senior year, underlying issues could still be there though.
                Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Arizona at Seattle tonight on NBC for Sunday Night Football

Comment

DJ not too much of a factor in the first half.
                    all kickoffs have been deep in the endzone (there was a kick after a safety that was technically a kickoff, but they had their punt returner take that one).

He did come in at the end of the half, and caught an 8-yard pass out of the backfield to move AZ into range for a 43 yard FG at the end of the half.

Cardinals up 22-7 at the half

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                      DJ not too much of a factor in the first half.
                      all kickoffs have been deep in the endzone (there was a kick after a safety that was technically a kickoff, but they had their punt returner take that one).

He did come in at the end of the half, and caught an 8-yard pass out of the backfield to move AZ into range for a 43 yard FG at the end of the half.

Cardinals up 22-7 at the half
                      ...and...the second half, or are they still at half time?

(As should be known by now, I don't follow the big three pro entertainment industries, but, being a Panther fan, I like to hear how our Panther pros are doing).

Comment

Ban, I'm giving you the gift of knowledge for Christmas. Use whatever medium you used to make your last post, and find it yourself on google. For crying out loud.
                        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                        - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                          Ban, I'm giving you the gift of knowledge for Christmas. Use whatever medium you used to make your last post, and find it yourself on google. For crying out loud.
                          Bad second half for Johnson, I take it?

Oh well, there's always next week.

Comment

I watched most of the second half, DJ saw very little playing time. I saw he had two KO returns to somewhere between the 10 and 20, nothing too spectacular. Other than that I saw he was in on the play AZ scored I think their last touchdown, DJ looked open across the middle at about the 5, but the ball was passed to the endzone.

He also had the tackle on an AZ KO, didn't even realize he played on the KO team. Tackled the seattle return man and he was shaken up on the play, guess DJ hits hard. Also he was in on the last on side kick in the middle of the front line, part of the good hands team.
                            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

and Arizona will be on Sunday Night Football for a second straight week, tonight at 7:30 central,
                              as the AFCnorth-leading Cincinnati Bengals (8-1) play at the NFCwest-leading AZ Cardinals (7-2)

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                                and Arizona will be on Sunday Night Football for a second straight week, tonight at 7:30 central,
                                as the AFCnorth-leading Cincinnati Bengals (8-1) play at the NFCwest-leading AZ Cardinals (7-2)
                                That's going to be a great game - hopefully DJ will get to make a contribution.
                                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                                Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                                - George Halas

Comment

Working...
                                X