WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panthers in the Pros List (Help Please)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panthers in the Pros List (Help Please)

I am sticking this thread at the top of this forum so that we can all keep track of our favorite Panther alums. If I have missed someone, or a change needs to be made, please list it! Thank you!

Football
    Kurt Warner (Arizona)
    Derrick Frost (Washington)
    Mike Furrey (Detroit)
    Justin Sandy (Cleveland)
    Benny Sapp (Kansas City)
    Brad Meester (Jacksonville)
    Ryan Hannam (Dallas)
    Andy Thorn (Dallas)
    Joe Lobdell (Indianapolis)
    MacKenzie Hoambrecker (San Francisco)
    Justin Surrency (Minnesota)

Canadian Football
    Dre Dokes (Saskatchewan)

Arena Football
    Chad Setterstrom (New Orleans)

AFL2
    Jamie Goodwin (Arkansas)

Baseball
    Adam Boeve (Pirates AAA minor league team)
    Nic Ungs (Marlins AAA minor league team)
    Aaron Jenkins (Oakland A minor league team)
    Zach Jevne (Orioles A minor league team)
    Curt Bradley (Dodgers GCL minor league team)
    Josh Habel (Independent League)

Basketball
    Grant Stout (Dijon---France)
    Ben Jacobson (Brest---France)
    David Gruber (Frankston---Australia)
    Matt Schneiderman (Reims---France)
    Cory Jenkins (U Mobitelco---Romania)
    Octav Morariu (CSU Brosov---Romania)
    Maurice Newby (Mainfranken---Germany)
    Last edited by Panthers to the Bone; 08-09-2007, 07:48 AM.
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

What Pro Teams Do You Want?

Do you want any Panther that is playing in the professional leagues such as arena football, NFL, MLB, the major league team for softball? Please get my information. As I know of a lady softball player playing in Akron area who graduated from my high school in Eldridge. As also Drayton Brutley with the arena football team. Thanks for clearing this up.
    GO NORTHERN IOWA PANTHERS![SIZE="6"][/SIZE]

Comment

I would like any professional sports teams from any sport. So if you know of any former UNI student athletes that play in the AFL, NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLB, etc... please post it here! Thanks!
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

You do already have him listed, but Adam Boeve appears to be headed to Lynchburg (VA) Hillcats, the Pirates High-A team. Was hoping that he would make it to Altoona (AA) this spring, but their website indicates he did not make their opening day roster. Good luck to Adam and best wishes for his continued sucess.

Comment

don't forget Josh Habel, who is in the SF Giants minor league system....playing in with the AA Norwich Navigators last year. he'll likely start the season in Norwich again......

also, is TE Ryan Hannam still with the Seahawks....great guy that was behind a couple of top notch ends in Holmgren's system.....

Comment

Habel

Josh Habel was traded at the end of last season to the Brewers for Dave Burba. He will likely start out in AA possibly AAA in the Brewers system.

Comment

Basketball

Schneiderman and Gruber are playing in Europe and Australia. I'm pretty sure Newby is still playing in Italy or Spain. Also former UNI guys are coaching in the pros in Europe- Nurse in England and Runchie?sp? is Grubers coach in Australia.

Comment

holy crap....can't believe i missed that habel was traded for Dave Burba! hopefully habel will be with the nashville sounds (AAA) at some point this season so i can see him play in Indy. thanks for the update TREE.....

Comment

looks like habel will be starting in huntsville (AA) and playing on the same team with Tony Gwynn, Jr. also, they'll play the carolina mudcats in their first games of the season...which is where ungs was last year....is that where nic will start this season? i didn't see him on the marlins AAA roster.....

huntsvillestars.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, huntsvillestars.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

ungs is on the mudcats opening day roster. neat that he and habel will spend opening day at the same ballpark, just on different teams....

also, boeve will start in Advanced A with the Lynchburg team....good read on him and where he's going http://www.lynchburg-hillcats.com/news/?id=1151

Comment

Tywan Finley was also playing on a team in Germany, although I am not sure what the name of the team is.

Comment

Boeve Update

After suffering a concussion on Thursday and sitting out Lynchburg's first game Friday night, Adam Boeve hit a game winning single in the ninth inning on Saturday night. He was used as a pinch hitter but apparently will start today. I don't know how to link, but the website is www.lynchburg-hillcats.com for those interested.

Comment

Ungs has good first outing

he went 5 innings but didn't get the win in a 2-1 mudcats victory....this is all i could find on the game....

News & Observer Story

Comment

for those of you that are minor league fans, www.milb.com usually has their "player search" part of the website up and running by now....but is will be up sometime soon. that is the best way i've found to go to one place and follow minor leaguers......i'll let everyone know when it is up....

ungs got his first win for carolina....sounds like he pitched well.....i think 5.6 innings means 5 and 2 thirds down in zebulon.....

http://www.gomudcats.com/news/2005/A...%20W%206_4.asp

Comment

Eddie Galles has been added to the Los Angeles Avengers AFL team.
                              ArenaFan is the premier community site for fans of the Arena Football League. News, scores, standings, statistics, games and more. Anything you've ever wanted to know about the AFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X