WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyler Sash died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tyler Sash died

Tyler Sash is not dead because the NFL wouldn't let him take Adderall. Period. I feel terrible for his family and friends, I hope the state of Iowa doesn't make him too much of a hero in this situation which I feel is unfortunately too late. There are lessons to be learned from his early, and untimely death. Unfortunately I don't believe hashtags, numbers on helmets, and remembering this young man a hero are any of them...
    Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
      Tyler Sash is not dead because the NFL wouldn't let him take Adderall. Period. I feel terrible for his family and friends, I hope the state of Iowa doesn't make him too much of a hero in this situation which I feel is unfortunately too late. There are lessons to be learned from his early, and untimely death. Unfortunately I don't believe hashtags, numbers on helmets, and remembering this young man a hero are any of them...
      I'm waiting for the rest of this...sounds like there is more to the story including personal experience

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
        I'm waiting for the rest of this...sounds like there is more to the story including personal experience
        no, i've only met him a handful of times, all pleasant experiences. Just from news reports from major media outlets it doesn't appear that he died from natural causes. I hate to see young people put on a pedestal that have made poor choices simply because they are no longer alive... As a society we need to teach and embrace resilience through tough times not reward people with attention who don't show that resilience. I'm sure my opinion isn't popular and I can accept that. Just the way I feel.

Comment

no, i've only met him a handful of times, all pleasant experiences. Just from news reports from major media outlets it doesn't appear that he died from natural causes. I hate to see young people put on a pedestal that have made poor choices simply because they are no longer alive... As a society we need to teach and embrace resilience through tough times not reward people with attention who don't show that resilience. I'm sure my opinion isn't popular and I can accept that. Just the way I feel.
          Incredibly well said..
          #MACtion

Comment

I completely agree although think the concussions had a lot to contribute to this

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
              I completely agree although think the concussions had a lot to contribute to this
              very possible they had an impact.

Comment

All excellent points. I really hope a lot of light can still be shed on this situation. It was a tragic death but like Jeg said the lessons to be learned are probably not the ones we're currently seeing pushed.

It makes sense though, until we know exactly what happened it would be an insult and disservice to Tyler Sash and his loved ones to speculate on what has happened and who we should/shouldn't idolize. There is enough rumor and evidence to imply why this ending was a tragic and unhappy one but until anything is confirmed I'm glad that most of the news has been reflective on his positive accomplishments and qualities.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                  All excellent points. I really hope a lot of light can still be shed on this situation. It was a tragic death but like Jeg said the lessons to be learned are probably not the ones we're currently seeing pushed.

It makes sense though, until we know exactly what happened it would be an insult and disservice to Tyler Sash and his loved ones to speculate on what has happened and who we should/shouldn't idolize. There is enough rumor and evidence to imply why this ending was a tragic and unhappy one but until anything is confirmed I'm glad that most of the news has been reflective on his positive accomplishments and qualities.
                  Foul play has been ruled out so I guess that leaves falling on a wet spot in the kitchen. I will put the puzzle pieces together like Jed and form my own conclusion. I agree that some things don't add up so that takes me back to my theory. It doesn't take away all the great stuff he did on and off the field but also points to there being more to the story.

Comment

His personal friend pretty much says so in this article.

They get to play a kid’s game, get to feel forever young, get to shed blood, sweat and tears with a band of brothers all playing this game they love. Some of them become rich and famous, some of th…

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                      It's essentially speed when used "properly" and in large enough quantities. Oh, and it contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Adderall is great for those who it is properly prescribed for and used. Really, most who are prescribed it shouldn't be.

Go to Google and start reading what happens to the body when you crush Adderall and snort it. Or what amphetamine and dextroamphetamine can do to the body. Makes plenty of sense if you understand chemistry, drugs, etc...
                      Using this logic, the NFL should ban all schedule II prescription drugs.
                      Originally posted by TH1974
                      This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Working...
                      X