WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2016-17 Basketball Schedule Thread (TV listings/Links/Times)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Official 2016-17 Basketball Schedule Thread (TV listings/Links/Times)

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    Her name is Lindsey Thomas. She was most recently at Iowa State as a ticket office and group sales manager. Before that she ran an arena in Rio Rancho, NM and also was ticketing manager at the Well. Tons more experience than the last guy.

Interesting. If I'm not mistaken, Lindsey was who helped me fix a problem with my Iowa State football season tickets last spring. Very congenial and competent. Good for UNI.

Comment

Reminder that tonight's game vs North Dakota is on Comcast Chicago as well.
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

UNI-Wichita on January 8th officially selected for ESPNU.
        #MACtion

Comment

February 18th at Wichita has been assigned to ESPN2.

February 25th vs Illinois State will tip at 1:00 on CBS Sports Net

Kind of a joke that ESPN took Wichita at Missouri State on that last day. Building will be empty. Bad look on TV when Wichita wins by 40 (again).
          #MACtion

Comment

I was trying to figure out our confirmed opponents for next year but couldn't easily find it.
            Can we unstick this thread and get one going for 2017-2018?

Comment

Neutral
              Iowa State in Des Moines
              Battle 4 Atlantis (UNI, Arizona, Villanova, Purdue, NC State, Tennessee, SMU, WKU)

Home
              1 Home Battle 4 Atlantis game (Presbyterian or Maryland-Baltimore County)
              Mountain West Challenge Game (Rumored to be UNLV)
              Xavier (Dec 22)
              Iowa Conference Opponent

Away
              North Carolina

4 to get
              #MACtion

Comment

Neutral
                Iowa State in Des Moines
                Battle 4 Atlantis (UNI, Arizona, Villanova, Purdue, NC State, Tennessee, SMU, WKU)

Home
                Xavier (Dec 22)
                Iowa Conference Opponent

Away
                North Carolina

4 to get
                Thank you!

Comment

17-18. (Thread title?)

Comment

We start the season Nov 10 at UNC. Its a Friday and being UNC defending national champs I'm guessing ESPN?

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                      We start the season Nov 10 at UNC. Its a Friday and being UNC defending national champs I'm guessing ESPN?
                      I'm not at all saying that we're gonna win that game... but they are losing quite a few players this year, they won't be the cohesive team that they will be later in the year.

Again, not saying we're going to win, just pointing that out. Hopefully it's on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

I hope UNC isn't ranked #1. I don't want to put our perfect record against #1's at risk with that game.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                          I hope UNC isn't ranked #1. I don't want to put our perfect record against #1's at risk with that game.
                          Pfft, if they're ranked #1, that just means we've got a guarunteed victory.

Comment

Joel Berry is coming back, so that's.......neat.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Neutral
                              Iowa State in Des Moines

Home
                              Xavier (Dec 22)
                              Iowa Conference Opponent

Away
                              North Carolina

4 to get
                              If they seed the B4A like they have in the past, it is based off of previous year's RPI. In that case, we'd be the 7 seed against Arizona round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
                                If they seed the B4A like they have in the past, it is based off of previous year's RPI. In that case, we'd be the 7 seed against Arizona round 1.
                                Interesting. They will almost certainly be ranked, correct? Maybe even top 10? While very tough it will be nice to guarantee at least one ranked team in that tourney.

Comment

Working...
                                X