WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Consider Helping Out The Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Consider Helping Out The Site

PantherNation-

I want to put out a call for helping out the board. Panther Nation is growing like none other. We have added 100 new members in the past 2 weeks. It's truly amazing. With that, the number of board hits per day have skyrocketed. In the past, PN.com averaged about 40,000 hits per day. With this it takes up server and bandwith space. This hasn't been too much of a problem b/c it was relatively inexpensive when Ames started this board. He has his own server (or something like that), so costs were relatively inexpensive when PN was started. Since then, things have gone crazy. PN has truly become a place that brings all Panther fans together and word is spreading about this site.

Right now, the support that has been pledged/given covers some of the rising costs. PN could use more to help out. We don't want this thing to become such a burden on Ames financially. What Ames does as of now is that he gives 50% of the "donated" monies from PN supporting members to the UNI Athletic Club. You can see the PN name in any list of UNI Athletic Club supporters. The other 50% is going to help offset some of the costs of PN. What we have done with PN to give you incentive to give is set up a premium board that only supporting members can access (The Panthers Den). 99.9% of all posts are on the regular boards, but this board has some extra info and conversation that the other boards don't have.

Please consider helping offset some of the costs. Ames has set up a paypal method so that donating is easy. In addition, you can PM him and he can provide you with another method of payment, but for the most part, paypal works great. Typically a minimal one year donation of $50 (more if you would like) has been requested with $25/year covers it for students. This board provides not only a community of Panther fans, but a source of entertainment. Please consider helping PN out. Info on how to donate is listed here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=2114
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

I'm also going to add that even with donations, AmesPanther makes no profit for this site. It is not like the rivals and scout sites where the money goes to a for-profit business.

Comment

what email should the funds be paypal'd to?

Comment

I believe it is
        Last edited by AmesPanther; 02-20-2006, 09:25 PM.

Comment

I wanted to echo PTTB and Reed's plea for more supporting members. This a great place, and there is nothing like it at any other school. Sure there are other MVC sites, and other fan sites for other teams but this place is unique as A.) its all about the Panthers of UNI and B.) its 99.9% postive, intelligent, and fun posts. I would have to say that anyone who uses this board regularly should be involved as a supporting member because it is a great place to learn about, talk about, and cheer for the panthers with other great panther fans. So get on board and help keep this place a great UNI fan site. Yeah, so thats my pitch.
          GO PANTHERS!!!

Comment

We support our own! After Christmas I should be able to make a contribution to the site. I think I should have to...I spend enough time here to be charged rent
            "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

How many moderators do we have?
              Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.

Before you wonder "Am I doing things right," ask "Am I doing the right things?"

Comment

I can't use Pay Pal. Other options at all?

Comment

yes, there is more options, just PM amespanther

Comment

Originally posted by oldcat
                    How many moderators do we have?
                    Hello Oldcat,
                    There are 7 Moderators.
                    They are:
                    AmesPanther
                    Panthers to the Bone
                    JCPanthers
                    Born-a-Panther
                    panther2317
                    VistaPanther
                    Reed Rothchild
                    Irreverence is another person's disrespect to your god; there isn't any word that tells what your disrespect to his god is. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone
                      PantherNation-

I want to put out a call for helping out the board. Panther Nation is growing like none other. We have added 100 new members in the past 2 weeks. It's truly amazing. With that, the number of board hits per day have skyrocketed. In the past, PN.com averaged about 40,000 hits per day. With this it takes up server and bandwith space. This hasn't been too much of a problem b/c it was relatively inexpensive when Ames started this board. He has his own server (or something like that), so costs were relatively inexpensive when PN was started. Since then, things have gone crazy. PN has truly become a place that brings all Panther fans together and word is spreading about this site.

Right now, the support that has been pledged/given covers some of the rising costs. PN could use more to help out. We don't want this thing to become such a burden on Ames financially. What Ames does as of now is that he gives 50% of the "donated" monies from PN supporting members to the UNI Athletic Club. You can see the PN name in any list of UNI Athletic Club supporters. The other 50% is going to help offset some of the costs of PN. What we have done with PN to give you incentive to give is set up a premium board that only supporting members can access (The Panthers Den). 99.9% of all posts are on the regular boards, but this board has some extra info and conversation that the other boards don't have.

Please consider helping offset some of the costs. Ames has set up a paypal method so that donating is easy. In addition, you can PM him and he can provide you with another method of payment, but for the most part, paypal works great. Typically a minimal one year donation of $50 (more if you would like) has been requested with $25/year covers it for students. This board provides not only a community of Panther fans, but a source of entertainment. Please consider helping PN out. Info on how to donate is listed here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=2114

There's been a lot of action on the board recently and a lot more members have joined. I just wanted to point out our site admin makes no money from this site and fronts the majority of the funds out of his pocket. Anything will help.

Comment

He should be able to at least make this a non-profit situation instead of it costing him money. He does a ton of work. I need a tax refund...then I can help out a little.
                        "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Working...
                        X