WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women beat #24 KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women beat #24 KSU

Sounds like it was a heck of a game.

CEDAR FALLS, Iowa – The University of Northern Iowa women's basketball team closed out the non-conference portion of its season with a win over No. 24 Kan...

Re: Women beat #24 KSU

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
    Sounds like it was a heck of a game.

http://www.unipanthers.com/news/2016...px?path=wbball
    It WAS! The coaches had an excellent game plan and the players executed it! GREAT win!!!

Comment

KSU started two forwards and a center (who does that these days?) that went 6-5, 6-3, 6-3, which I expected would be major match up trouble. Also had a good point guard. They played an active 2-3 zone the entire first half, which gave us problems, but we clearly had spend time preparing for it and worked hard against it. They were getting the shots they wanted in the first half, but they weren't falling. 2nd half they went to a 3-2 and then a player defense, and we did better against those.

The whole team played really well. The silver lining of Johnson not coming back for her final season has been more minutes for Maahs, and she has responded. Not only strong inside but can shoot the 3. Still waiting for Schonhardt's shooting touch to completely return, but she played fantastic in all other respects. And of course Weekly was Weekly.

I have to admit after the Iowa game I though Creighton and KSU were guaranteed losses and UND would be tough, but I was wrong

Comment

I'm sure Fran is already talking to the AD about not scheduling a home and home with the KSU women's team. Wouldn't that be cool to see the UConn women play a men's team at any NCAA level....

Comment

WBB wins 2 on the road this weekend. Beat MoSt Friday night and Wichita St this afternoon. GREAT start to conference play.

Comment

Yep. One of our better road games IMHO, as WSU was bringing it, and it was one of the more blatant "let-'em-play" officiating performances I've seen. Herzberg has been coming through with teams focusing on Weekly. Hagen has always been solid but has been really good lately, especially with Maahs in foul trouble. Another great game for Schonhardt.

Comment

Haven't been following, is the team good enough to go to the tourney?

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                Haven't been following, is the team good enough to go to the tourney?
                that will probably be determined by 3 (or 4) games in March at the conference tournament.

Comment

Be interesting to see how we match up with Drake this season. They beat Iowa in Des Moines, but lost at ISU by about the same margin as we did. IMHO they are the legit favorite, but the emergence of Maahs, and Herzberg's return to her freshman form are pluses for us.

Comment

Working...
                  X