WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schult wins Buchanan Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Schult wins Buchanan Award

CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - The University of Northern Iowa football program hosted its annual NFL Pro Day today inside the UNI-Dome, welcoming scouts from all 32 ...

For those too lazy or challenged

No interviews there at least - just video montage

Found more Karter only stuff from today

Last edited by Trapped in California; 03-28-2017, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Karter ran 4.85 today. That's not going to help his stock any...
      #MACtion

Comment

Thank you BC and Trapped. I just hope that someone will take look at him seriously. He is a good hardworking kid. His work ethic can outshine any athletic flaws.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          Karter ran 4.85 today. That's not going to help his stock any...
          Not at all. We'll have to see where he goes as a free agent. I also read earlier that he was trying to lose bulk/pounds and play OLB. If that was totally accurate, I wonder if the slowish time changes his thinking, or thinking amongst the scouts he's talking with.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
            Not at all. We'll have to see where he goes as a free agent. I also read earlier that he was trying to lose bulk/pounds and play OLB. If that was totally accurate, I wonder if the slowish time changes his thinking, or thinking amongst the scouts he's talking with.
            I would have to disagree....all though hand timed those numbers are all above average for DL at the combine this year. His 30 bench reps is top 5 for DL at the combine.

Comment

Problem is, he's not a D-Lineman. He's way too small.

He's a tweener. One of those kids that's a great college player but doesn't have a position in the NFL. I hope he gets into a camp and proves everybody wrong, myself included, but I just don't see it.
              #MACtion

Comment

He's a tweener. One of those kids that's a great college player but doesn't have a position in the NFL. I hope he gets into a camp and proves everybody wrong, myself included, but I just don't see it.
                Again, I will have to disagree. Not too small for DE. He's been proving most people wrong since High School. That's how he likes it. We will see....

Comment

I disagree. NFL DL are nowhere near the size that they were in the past. Von Miller is unquestionably the best DE in football and he is virtually the same size as Karter.
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Fair enough. I hope the kid does well and plays for a decade.
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                      I disagree. NFL DL are nowhere near the size that they were in the past. Von Miller is unquestionably the best DE in football and he is virtually the same size as Karter.
                      Vonn Miller is not a DE. He's a 3-4 OLB - big difference. He's got the ability to both rush and play in space. He also did both at an All American level at Texas A&M, and set records for LB related drill times at the Combine. He's roughly the same size as Schult, but with a huge advantage in measurable. Measurables certainly aren't everything, but they do factor in to how well you play and potential to be good enough to make a roster.

Carter's got a hell of a motor, the drive, and was dominant at the FCS level in college. He'll get several invites as a FA, but won't get drafted. Hopefully he shows enough to stick. It would be great for the UNI program if he can find a way to make a roster.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                        Vonn Miller is not a DE. He's a 3-4 OLB - big difference. He's got the ability to both rush and play in space. He also did both at an All American level at Texas A&M, and set records for LB related drill times at the Combine. He's roughly the same size as Schult, but with a huge advantage in measurable. Measurables certainly aren't everything, but they do factor in to how well you play and potential to be good enough to make a roster.

Carter's got a hell of a motor, the drive, and was dominant at the FCS level in college. He'll get several invites as a FA, but won't get drafted. Hopefully he shows enough to stick. It would be great for the UNI program if he can find a way to make a roster.
                        He's an edge rusher. He plays the exact same role that Karter would play at the next level. Call it whatever you want, but his size isn't his issue.

I never said he was Von Miller, I was only speaking to their relative size, but thanks for explaining to me that the NFL defensive MVP is a better player than Karter Schult.
                        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                          He's an edge rusher. He plays the exact same role that Karter would play at the next level. Call it whatever you want, but his size isn't his issue.

I never said he was Von Miller, I was only speaking to their relative size, but thanks for explaining to me that the NFL defensive MVP is a better player than Karter Schult.
                          Vonn Miller plays three downs, against the run, off the line, rushes, you name it. He's not an every down DE or situational pass rusher. If Karter Schult makes a roster, it will be as a true DE IMO. Go with what he does best, instead of trying to morph him into a position where he may not stand out enough to make a roster.

The best NFL example I can think of is Shea McClellen, in reverse. The Bears tried to outthink everyone and draft him high as a DE when he played OLB in college. It had mixed results at best. He left, went to the Patriots, moved back to OLB, and started. That, and other questionable personnel moves, got the then Bears front office fired, and the current regime in place.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Pantherfan426 View Post

He said NFL team.

Comment

The Browns' money spends as well as anyone else's.

Comment

Working...
                                X