WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never been a fan of Mark Farley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've never been a fan of Mark Farley

He no doubt can recruit but he's utterly terrible in big games. I got ripped for saying the same thing a few years back on this site and here we are again. This Panther team had arguably the most talent in school history and they have looked terrible in the playoffs. In all honesty they should have lost last week and then lay a total egg tonight. There is a reason why Farley's name never comes up with Division 1 jobs. He's just not a good gameday coach.

Sorry but it's true. I know I will get ripped again but the proof is in the pudding. His gameplan today was just awful and seems to be the norm in big time games.
    Victory for UNI!

Re: I've never been a fan of Mark Farley

Yeah, it sucks to average ten wins a year and to play in big games all the time. This line of thinking is truly moronic.
    "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Originally posted by panther2317 View Post
      Yeah, it sucks to average ten wins a year and to play in big games all the time. This line of thinking is truly moronic.
      UNI has tradition. This isn't some stuck in the mud program.

That's why I am frustrated.

Do you think the teams that have beaten UNI as of late in the playoffs were really better than them more times than not?
      Victory for UNI!

Comment

10 wins is great and all but it gets old when we lose games due to poor fundamentals, poor play calling and poor preparation. Not pushing for Farley to get dumped but I really think there needs to be some overhauling of coordinators. Just my .02

Comment

This. If Farley has a fault, it's loyalty to a staff that needs to be shaken up badly.
          Fight! For the Purple and the Gold!
          VICTORY FOR UNI!
          UNI FIGHT! UNI FIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by 12thFloorBender View Post

Do you think the teams that have beaten UNI as of late in the playoffs were really better than them more times than not?
            Sometimes, good teams just don't click on a certain night. Tonight was it. Yes, disappointing, but it does not diminish the entire season or the past 10 years. Salute Montana for a superb game and move on. Jeeeesh. You're copying the Cyclone and Hawk losers. Don't go there.

Comment

Great now we have an influx of small minded, what have you done for me lately, bandwagon fans joining up to complain about the coaching...

God help us if we lose a basketball game in the next few weeks...
              If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

I was a student at UNI from 1995-2000 and lived in Cedar Falls until 2002. I saw the Terry Allen years (grew up during them too) and the terrible Mike Dunbar ones. Trust me I know UNI can do worse than Mark Farley but I think also can do better.
                Victory for UNI!

Comment

There is no reason that we couldn't put together the same sort of package that Montana is running with Rennie this year. I have a lot of respect for the way Montana came out and threw the ball when they were up. Just one time I would like to see the same drive and determination out of a UNI playoff team.

Comment

Originally posted by DomeRanger Posse View Post
                    This. If Farley has a fault, it's loyalty to a staff that needs to be shaken up badly.

ding ding ding....we have a winner

Comment

Originally posted by 12thFloorBender View Post

UNI's tradition exists BECAUSE of Farley....not in spite of him. Some people want to "shake things up" but others see the importance of continuity.
                      "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Originally posted by gengy View Post
                        There is no reason that we couldn't put together the same sort of package that Montana is running with Rennie this year. I have a lot of respect for the way Montana came out and threw the ball when they were up. Just one time I would like to see the same drive and determination out of a UNI playoff team.
                        Yes there is... our offensive line was boarderline terrible all year. Imagine if we hadn't had a mobile qb...
                        If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                          Yes there is... our offensive line was boarderline terrible all year. Imagine if we hadn't had a mobile qb...
                          That is what I was getting at. I believe that Farley is key for us to keep our success but there needs some serious attention brought to the fact that we couldn't utilize all the talent that Rennie had.

Comment

LOL at this UNI team having the most talent in UNI history. How many players on this UNI team will be drafted?

This team was good, but not great and frankly exceeded my expectations in many ways.
                            Originally posted by TH1974
                            This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by panther2317 View Post
                              UNI's tradition exists BECAUSE of Farley....not in spite of him. Some people want to "shake things up" but others see the importance of continuity.
                              Clearly you have not forgotten about Terry Allen have you?

Mark Farley's name has come up how many times with D-1 jobs? Yes it didn't work out for Terry Allen at Kansas, but he's still a better coach than Farley ever will be.
                              Victory for UNI!

Comment

Working...
                              X