WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panther match ups at NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panther match ups at NCAA

They don't look good at all. Washington gets Metcalf first round. If brantly wins the first one he gets Roshalt(sp) the second round, and beets gets a pit tail.

I see Reiner got in. If he can win the first, he'll face Sanderson in the second. If anyone is going to make some noise, it may have to be on the back side.

Re: Panther match ups at NCAA

Sounds like some great opportunities for UNI to make some noise with upsets! Good luck to all of the Panther wrestlers at the NCAA Tournament!
    "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

Originally posted by panther2317 View Post
      Sounds like some great opportunities for UNI to make some noise with upsets! Good luck to all of the Panther wrestlers at the NCAA Tournament!
      You 2317, are truly the last remaining eternal optimist!
      Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
        This made me laugh. He must truly be.
        If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Speaking of apologists, where is Ban Basketball? I haven't seen anything from him since he said that seasons and coaches are judged in March.

Well it's March, we have three NCAA qualifiers, and lost the West Regional.

Comment

Originally posted by 96' Alum View Post
            Speaking of apologists, where is Ban Basketball? I haven't seen anything from him since he said that seasons and coaches are judged in March.

Well it's March, we have three NCAA qualifiers, and lost the West Regional.
            False. Always takes me to show the facts on here. We have four qualifiers.

We also lost the West Regional by one-half point, which could be attributed to a team penalty point, not the wrestling.

Comment

Originally posted by ban basketball View Post
              False. Always takes me to show the facts on here. We have four qualifiers.

We also lost the West Regional by one-half point, which could be attributed to a team penalty point, not the wrestling.
              You are right, we did get an "at large" wrestler in. Apparently his RPI was high enough to get him selected.

Only Ban Basketball would blame a penalty deduction on losing the regional. Maybe if we had better leadership we wouldn't have to worry about getting penalty points. Just a thought.
              Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

You are right, we did get an "at large" wrestler in. Apparently his RPI was high enough to get him selected.

Only Ban Basketball would blame a penalty deduction on losing the regional. Maybe if we had better leadership we wouldn't have to worry about getting penalty points. Just a thought.
                As long as you were at the regional, let me know what could have went differently for us to make up for that penalty point. Most who were there concluded that the team wrestled pretty well.

So, let me know what you think went wrong from your observations at the regional.

Always nice to see a "fan" root on his team, eh?

Comment

Funny that I also didn't read any good news from "fans" on here about coach Penrith being awarded, by his PEERS, Coach of the Year in the WWC. So, based on what I read on here from UNI "fans," all 6 coaches in the WWC must be seeing something that our geniuses on here (who never even go to wrestling matches, by the way) aren't seeing.

Always nice to see UNI "fans" rooting on their team, eh, boys?

Comment

Ban, wasn't it you a month or so back ripping Iowa athletes for being poor sports and talking about how we bring in respectable athletes? How it's the coach's responsibility to make sure that the character of the athlete on the mat is in line with the ideals of the university? Didn't you tell us that you would never see a UNI wrestler do something unsportsmanlike like those Hawkeyes? How does throwing headgear to cost us a regional title fit into your grand scheme of sportsmanship? This team must really respect their leader to have a student-athlete throw a temper tantrum in plain view for all to see. Excellent leadership skills, Mr. Penrith.
                    "Why tip someone for a job I'm capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones."
                    -Dwight Schrute

Comment

Took me a minute, but here we go!

Originally posted by ban basketball View Post

Even so, I'll take the product that UNI is putting out anyday. If winning means that you have a wrestling room full of criminals and kids in trouble, as well as sore losers who attack their opponent after losing, I'll go to sleep at night a proud and happy UNI fan.
                      http://www.panthernation.com/showthr...t=30075&page=4
                      "Why tip someone for a job I'm capable of doing myself? I can deliver food. I can drive a taxi. I can, and do, cut my own hair. I did however, tip my urologist, because I am unable to pulverize my own kidney stones."
                      -Dwight Schrute

Comment

I'm sure the other coaches in the WWC would be very happy to see our coach get a lifetime contract. They've gone from being dominated by UNI for decades to the point where half of their programs have surpassed ours and the other half have high hopes of doing so in the near future.
                        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by Victory_For_UNI View Post
                          Ban, wasn't it you a month or so back ripping Iowa athletes for being poor sports and talking about how we bring in respectable athletes? How it's the coach's responsibility to make sure that the character of the athlete on the mat is in line with the ideals of the university? Didn't you tell us that you would never see a UNI wrestler do something unsportsmanlike like those Hawkeyes? How does throwing headgear to cost us a regional title fit into your grand scheme of sportsmanship? This team must really respect their leader to have a student-athlete throw a temper tantrum in plain view for all to see. Excellent leadership skills, Mr. Penrith.
                          Say the same when Iowa wrestlers do that? Based on your "logic," Iowa wrestlers also have no respect for their coaches, and their coaches have poor leadership.

Always nice to see a UNI "fan" rooting for his team, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                            I'm sure the other coaches in the WWC would be very happy to see our coach get a lifetime contract. They've gone from being dominated by UNI for decades to the point where half of their programs have surpassed ours and the other half have high hopes of doing so in the near future.
                            Really? Which half have surpassed us?

Comment

Ban Basketball-

I don't really have a dog in this fight. I want all UNI teams to do well, but I tend to follow basketball most closely.

What is your vision for the future of the UNI wrestling program? What heights can we reach with our current staff, and how long does it take to get there?

Comment

Working...
                              X