WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Donald Trump

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
    And you've continued to ignore the first argument presented to you. Replace most of the professors at UNI and nothing changes. Enrollment stays the same, academic quality likely stays the same, UNI survives and continues to be one of the best schools in the Midwest. Why? Because at a non-research institution those specific professors bring in very little from a financial/recruitment stand point that their replacement couldn't as well. The same can't be said about a basketball coach like Jacobson.
    Baloney. A coach only brings in money for a few months, and the majority of college sports are non-revenue generating.

Professors earn money for the university year round, all of which generates revenue. Furthermore, a professor produces something useful, whereas a coach produces an entertainer for four years. Their profession is then not related to their sports career, whereas a professor producers a professional for our society.

I've already said this a million times, so, no I haven't dodged the pointless, irrelevant question.

As the kids say, "boo-ya!"

Comment

I'm sorry to everyone tired of this crap for even bringing this up. I have no idea how we got to this point considering we proved Ban wrong on this long ago. It's obvious that he cannot possibly be wrong on anything despite being shown plenty of facts. Ill stop, at the risk that he'll believe he has owned everyone and inflates his infallibility even further.
      Proven me wrong!? Is that why you just made a false claim about what i never said, to which i demonstrated to the sheep?

Been ignoring all of my retorts again, boy?
      Last edited by ban basketball; 07-26-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry to everyone tired of this crap for even bringing this up. I have no idea how we got to this point considering we proved Ban wrong on this long ago. It's obvious that he cannot possibly be wrong on anything despite being shown plenty of facts. Ill stop, at the risk that he'll believe he has owned everyone and inflates his infallibility even further.
        It's the height of irony that you would claim that about Ban in a thread title Donald Trump, as you have just described Trump to a T.

As for Ban, much as some of you don't like him, he's absolutely correct. He never singled out Jacobson, he only state that college basketball coaches as a group are grossly overpaid relative to their worth to society. He's correct about that as well, and as I said about 1000 posts ago on this topic in a far away thread, I bet Ben Jacobson would the first to agree.

And if you think it's the free market that determines what coaches are paid you are very naive about what a free market is.
        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

Ban has single handedly ruined just about every single thread on the board the last three months.
            Originally posted by TH1974
            This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Back to topic. Joe Scarbourgh had a very good point a few days ago. There is a chance Trump will stop making unforced errors in the next six months or so. If he he does, anything is possible with the nomination.

For those of you on the R side yearning for Trump, keep in mind he's been all over the board on some issues that are litmus tests to some groups. He's been quoted as being both pro choice and pro life, he's been in favor of Obamacare, divorced a bunch of times, given the Clintons a bunch of money over the years, proclaimed admiration for Hilary and Nancy Pelosi, etc, etc. Other than business, he doesn't really seem to have any core principles or ideology. I'm not a big social issue litmus guy, so it may not bug me as much as others (especially in Iowa). Let's see what happens when Trump gets hit with a bunch of negative ads from his competitors, and the Republican donor class / National Chamber of Commerce.

Comment

Trump and Sanders two similar candidates. Protest votes against candidates perceived as not "pure enough" for the party activists.

To compare to musical styles, they are the punk rock acts. No light show, no sound check - just show up, plug in, and start hammering away. They have a small committed core of fans that will bemoan wider success (see Green Day after American Idiot). However, the commercial sellout bands like U2, Maroon 5 and One Direction will attract 10 - 20 times more of an audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                  However, the commercial sellout bands like U2, Maroon 5 and One Direction will attract 10 - 20 times more of an audience.

And much more money (well maybe not Trump). Although $$ and audience are not mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                    Ban has single handedly ruined just about every single thread on the board the last three months.
                    Singlehandedly! ? Wow, now THAT is impressive!

Somehow I've been able to argue with myself on here, all the while being able to use several screen names, including kyle, panther state, prowling panther, and that's just the beginning!

Want to stop me arguing with myself on here and singlehandedly ruining every thread? Stop contributing to the argument.

Comment

Come on now guys. We need to get Bernie Sanders elected. He is the only one not being funded by giant corporations, billionaires, nor does he have a super pac. He wants to rebuild our infrastructure, make public college free while at the same time lower the interest rates on student loans.

He would do this by raising taxes on billionaires, taxing high wall street transactions, and taking money from our bloated military budget and putting it towards education. He also makes it more then clear, he cannot do it alone. We need to turn out and vote for the right congressmen and senators who are also not being funded by the wealthy and corporations and actually want to help the people of this nation.

Comment

Please help this thread stay dead...please ignore this new user's post if you're just happy that this board is annoying because of the people and egos, and not because of political content. I beg you.

Comment

How in the hell was Denver so effective in stopping Green Bay's offense last night?

Comment

I just want Bernie Sanders to win so that Larry David will have to be on SNL every week.

Comment

There are three things that have no place on a sports opinion board religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther100 View Post
                                There are three things that have no place on a sports opinion board religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.
                                Why not? That's the reason for having a "Lounge" on the site. Personally, I love mixing it up with people here on politics.

Comment

Working...
                                X