WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panther match ups at NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panther match ups at NCAA

Originally posted by ban basketball View Post
    I also find it curious as to why we don't see criticism from our "fans" of our other athletic programs. Aside from volleyball, football, and men's basketball, all of our other programs are drawing BIG blanks.

Why no outrage there, "fans?"
    Women's basketball is showing improvement. Track has been great the last few years. Golf is golf, it costs next to nothing to operate and counts as another sport. I think Softball and Swimming have shown improvement, and Soccer is even getting a little better, but they have a new coach anyway.

I'm not here to pick on wrestling, but if the hard-core wrestling fans like yourself don't have some goals you would like to see the team achieve, what's the point? I'm not saying we have to beat Iowa or finish in the top 10, but just because we haven't done something in a long time doesn't mean we should give up hope, right?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
      Women's basketball is showing improvement. Track has been great the last few years. Golf is golf, it costs next to nothing to operate and counts as another sport. I think Softball and Swimming have shown improvement, and Soccer is even getting a little better, but they have a new coach anyway.

I'm not here to pick on wrestling, but if the hard-core wrestling fans like yourself don't have some goals you would like to see the team achieve, what's the point? I'm not saying we have to beat Iowa or finish in the top 10, but just because we haven't done something in a long time doesn't mean we should give up hope, right?
      And that is never what I have said. One of my earliest posts today said that we should always be striving for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
        You, absolutely, are not presenting facts. You are presenting your opinion, with non factual evidence about where you "think" this program is going.

Everyone else is presenting facts. Such as losses, penalties, the decline of wins.
        Really? Who presents actual data from the UNI athletics department? Has anyone else on here who debates me shown concrete data to counter what I have said?

I'm arguing on facts, based on data. You and the others are arguing on perception, which the facts have repeatedly shown wrong.

Just take a gander at today's posts and see if I'm right.

Comment

I will stop using the word retard because someone asked me nicely and respectfully to do so through a pm. Much like I have asked ban to do using "fan."

Not so much that it is offensive, well, it does offend me greatly, but that it is just annoying as hell and does nothing but agetate everyone. Contrary to popular belief Ban, we are not here to argue all the time.
          Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

And that is never what I have said. One of my earliest posts today said that we should always be striving for improvement.
            I'm simply asking you to quantify what you think improvement means?

Comment

Here comes the spin...
              #MACtion

Comment

Why? Because I consistently smoke every one of you with facts?
                I think you are smoking something, but it isn't the rest of us with facts.
                GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Fact:

A majority of people on panthernation.com are annoyed by ban basketball.

Comment

Getting better over time. That includes duals, tournaments, qualifying tournaments, and national tournament. That is NOT unattainable.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                      Fact:

A majority of people on panthernation.com are annoyed by ban basketball.
                      Why? Because I'm a Panther fan and support the team?

What other choice do I have as a fan of the team? Be a fairweather fan?

Comment

Why? Because I'm a Panther fan and support the team?

What other choice do I have as a fan of the team? Be a fairweather fan?
                        I just "smoked" you with a fact and that is the best you can come up with?

Comment

I just "smoked" you with a fact and that is the best you can come up with?
                          Wow! And I actually argue with this...

Comment

Wow! And I actually argue with this...
                            You keep responding buddy, "smoked" again.

This is fun.

Lets come up with a new fact.

Attendence average for 2009-2010 Wrestling was at a 5 year low. I am talking duals in the west gym.

Comment

Getting better over time. That includes duals, tournaments, qualifying tournaments, and national tournament. That is NOT unattainable.
                              I don't attend UNI wrestling events, and I probably won't in the future, except when they are wrestling down here at Carver-Hawkeye (just because it's easy for me to get to--- I am NOT a Hawkeye fan). It doesn't make any difference to me if they keep the coach or move on. But I have to tell you that the perception of the program from casual fans like myself, and from other people here in Iowa City who follow wrestling more closely than I do, is that the program is getting worse over time, not better.

Now, that may not be the case, and I won't pretend to be a good judge. But perception is very important in college athletics.

Comment

You keep responding buddy, "smoked" again.

This is fun.

Lets come up with a new fact.

Attendence average for 2009-2010 Wrestling was at a 5 year low. I am talking duals in the west gym.
                                Always nice to see a Panther "fan" ridicule his team. I'm sure the wrestling team appreciates your support, Panther "fan."

And, yes, I will keep responding.

Comment

Working...
                                X