WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

100 Days!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 100 Days!!!!!!!!

Iowa fan here. Really looking forward to the season getting underway.

The game against the Panthers is worrisome, not because I think Iowa will take it at all lightly, but because UNI has a talented team. Nice size and ability in the trenches worries me the most, to go along with a strong QB/RB combo. Pretty early to make any predictions but I see UNI ranking ahead of Ball State, Iowa State, Indiana, Purdue and Illinois on our schedule this year. Because it is week 1 and Iowa has not been too sharp in week 1 games the last few years, this game is even more nerve racking. Anyone, here is to good health for both team the rest of the off-season.

Comment

Iowa is on the rise and has improved their athleticism especially at wide receiver. However, Iowa usually starts slow and they're known to sit talent in lieu of longevity. UNI starts fast and fades by midseason in recent years. Some fans can't get the FCS thing out of their thinking and so are continually surprised when top subdivision teams grab the victory.

UNI is certainly not the worst team Iowa will face, and while their fans may drink that Kool-Aid the coaching staff won't. All in all I think the panthers pull it out with a couple of breaks, and as stated previously never see Kinnick again.

Comment

Originally posted by herky07 View Post
        The game against the Panthers is worrisome, not because I think Iowa will take it at all lightly, but because UNI has a talented team.
        That's about as good a compliment as I expect to see from Hawk fans over the next few months. Good on you for coming here looking to pay some respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther/Statesman View Post
          Iowa is on the rise and has improved their athleticism especially at wide receiver. However, Iowa usually starts slow and they're known to sit talent in lieu of longevity. UNI starts fast and fades by midseason in recent years. Some fans can't get the FCS thing out of their thinking and so are continually surprised when top subdivision teams grab the victory.

UNI is certainly not the worst team Iowa will face, and while their fans may drink that Kool-Aid the coaching staff won't. All in all I think the panthers pull it out with a couple of breaks, and as stated previously never see Kinnick again.
          I love the excuse "Iowa usually starts slow". The CR Hawkeye Gazette writers used the same phrase.
          "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther/Statesman View Post

In many upsets, it isn't that a team plays better, but they get breaks like turnovers. A pick here, a fumble there, and this game could go either way. Turnovers in football are so much more costly that in basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by 1988 View Post
              I love the excuse "Iowa usually starts slow". The CR Hawkeye Gazette writers used the same phrase.
              Guess what? Iowa usually starts slow.

Comment

Yep, for some unexplainable reason Iowa is almost always a completely different team by the end of the season.
                Originally posted by TH1974
                This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  We should be 8th. Better than Ball State, Iowa State, Maryland, and Illinois. We're pretty comparable to Pitt and Indiana. Northwestern and Minnesota are better than we are, both could have pretty good seasons.
                  We're certainly not historically comparable to Maryland, but I don't know enough about them currently. Minnesota is a horse$&@+ program, but like Maryland, I probably don't follow the bottom of the B1G closely enough. We're not better than Pitt either, but that's close, and it would probably be a decent game. Any of the teams mentioned above are better than Iowa State.

On a side note, watch for Rutgers to be a much tougher game than most corn fed, land locked B1G fans realize. Sorry, on with the 100 day countdown...

Comment

Working...
                  X