WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: David Johnson - stay on topic, please

Whooooooooo! Fitzgerald wills the Cards to victory! DJ is one game from the Super Bowl!
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
      David Johnson has already made quite an impression in his rookie season, and hopefully he gets many more chances to make headlines. I'm sure he won't be losing sleep over the flukiness of the score.

I'm sure he is very happy right now. However, it is too bad that his extraordinary play will get lost in the super-extraordinary plays related to the last two TDs in regulation and the huge play in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
        I'm sure he is very happy right now. However, it is too bad that his extraordinary play will get lost in the super-extraordinary plays related to the last two TDs in regulation and the huge play in OT.
        Why? I don't think he'll have a problem playing second fiddle to a former NFL MVP and Larry Fitzgerald in the big plays department. Especially when they ended up winning the game! He's just a rookie... I think his contribution will do just fine.
        Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

Larry Fitzgerald is the heart and soul of the Arizona Cardinals. It is poetic justice that he made those gamewinning plays.

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
            Why? I don't think he'll have a problem playing second fiddle to a former NFL MVP and Larry Fitzgerald in the big plays department. Especially when they ended up winning the game! He's just a rookie... I think his contribution will do just fine.

Because I selfishly want a UNI player to be the star of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
              Because I selfishly want a UNI player to be the star of the game.
              Me too...how badly did I want them to give it to him for the winning score? What a great play call on the shovel pass to Fitz, though.
              Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

• DJ had an amazing catch and willed himself for a first down, by less than an inch, that lead to a touchdown late in the game. It won't show up as more than a 10 yard grab in the state line but the Cardinals lose the game if that play doesn't happen. DJ made a difference. #PantherProud

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Think it safe to say, barring a meteor strike directly on the Carolina panther bench, AZ will be traveling for next game.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

Or Russell Wilson suddenly going crazy....wait...this just in....
                    Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by ProwlingPanther View Post
                      DJ had an amazing catch and willed himself for a first down, by less than an inch, that lead to a touchdown late in the game. It won't show up as more than a 10 yard grab in the state line but the Cardinals lose the game if that play doesn't happen. DJ made a difference. #PantherProud

I'm not sure I would call that an amazing catch, but it was certainly a good catch. I thought he did not get a good spot on that play. If you were like me, you were watching Johnson all the way on that play. The defense had not been paying enough attention to Johnson (as a receiver) and he made them pay for it.

What I liked about Johnson's game yesterday was all his one or two yard plays. There are games where getting those one or two yards is your job. He didn't try to freelance and end up either losing yards or fumbling (e.g. Bengals running back last week).

I do think that Johnson maybe was a second late looking for a pass near the end zone. Hard to tell if the pass was over his head, but Palmer obviously thought DJ was going to stop his route. So, the pass ended up slightly behind him (maybe high) and almost intercepted.

Still, I think Johnson had a very good game. Now, if he could just get traded to the Rams for next year.
                      Last edited by Luther_Heggs; 01-18-2016, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• I used amazing based on the situation, third and long and the fact it was thrown behind him and in traffic but fair enough. Perhaps amazing was a stretch. The pass you were referring to was just a bad pass from Carson. Palmer played a horrible game and I think his finger is bothering him quite a bit. At the end of the day, they found a way to win and are one game from the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by ProwlingPanther View Post
                          I used amazing based on the situation, third and long and the fact it was thrown behind him and in traffic but fair enough. Perhaps amazing was a stretch. The pass you were referring to was just a bad pass from Carson. Palmer played a horrible game and I think his finger is bothering him quite a bit. At the end of the day, they found a way to win and are one game from the Super Bowl.

Correct - it was a bad pass by Palmer. Palmer was mad at himself after that one. Not a good night for him but made the plays when needed. Tall task ahead this weekend.
                          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                            Correct - it was a bad pass by Palmer. Palmer was mad at himself after that one. Not a good night for him but made the plays when needed. Tall task ahead this weekend.
                            It may have been a bad pass, but Johnson certainly did not look good on that play. Johnson looked confused at the start of the play (like he didn't realized the ball had been snapped). The pass was pretty much past him before he realized it. Maybe Carson was mad at himself, but it certainly appeared that he was looking at Johnson at the same time.

Comment

Oh boy Luther, I think you're watching a different game than everybody else.
                              GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                                Oh boy Luther, I think you're watching a different game than everybody else.
                                It was just one play not the entire game. Johnson had a good game.

Comment

Working...
                                X