WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Moeller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Moeller

I received the following message from Ty Kimble (former President of the Panther Wrestling Club) this afternoon about the passing of Jon Moeller. Jon was operated on for a damaged aortic valve a week ago Monday, and following that there was bleeding on the brain which led to his death this afternoon.

Jon was a four time letter winner, wrestling for the Panthers in the early 1970’s. In 1972 he was an All-American finishing 5th in Division II. He was also a Conference Champion in the North Central Conference. Since graduating from UNI Jon continued to be a strong backer of the Northern Iowa wrestling team. For the last four years he has served on the Panther Wrestling Executive Board and recently was selected as the Vice Chairman of the Board. Jon was involved in many of the activities of the PWC and most recently was organizing the bus trip for fans to the National Wrestling Tournament in Oklahoma City this next March. Jon was a “doer” and will be missed greatly by the UNI Wrestling Family.

From Ty Kimble:
    Today about 3pm we lost our “ little buddy” Jon . He was with all his family and is now in the hands of his Lord in heaven. He will be missed and was loved by all. One of his friends said , “ I didn’t know anyone that did not like Jon or had a bad thing to say about him” . RIP my friend, we will miss you dearly! We will let you know for those of you who can attend what the family is arranging for his visitation and funeral.

Re: Jon Moeller

Oh my gosh! What a shock. I probably haven't seen Muskie in about 40 years, but I always thought I would run into him when I was back in Iowa.
    He always had a smile on his face. What a good guy.

Comment

Re: Jon Moeller

Jon and his family live about 1/2 mile up the road from me. What a tremendous family. He will be missed.
      Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Working...
      X