WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharky's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharky's

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
    Wow. Talk about a whole lot of nostalgia in one post. Get Low. Classic.
    I was just talking with somebody this weekend about 4-for-1s at Coconuts. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
      Not really.
      This happening to former or current players surprises no one. So while I was only being half serious the point still stands.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_beeding View Post
        I was just talking with somebody this weekend about 4-for-1s at Coconuts. Good times.
        Oh Coconuts....

When I drive by there and its iTech now, a little part of me dies...
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          Oh Coconuts....

There wasn't a better day spent during the summer than the Sterling pool in the afternoon, followed Coconuts for sand volleyball all night.

Adult me would hate college me I think.

Comment

There wasn't a better day spent during the summer than the Sterling pool in the afternoon, followed Coconuts for sand volleyball all night.

Same. It's amazing how annoyed I'd be at that now...
            #MACtion

Comment

Adult me would view college me as the scum of the earth. Ironically, even college me knew that Sharky's was disgusting and to be avoided at all costs.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                Adult me would view college me as the scum of the earth. Ironically, even college me knew that Sharky's was disgusting and to be avoided at all costs.
                Nothing good ever came from a night at the Tank...

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                  Oh Coconuts....

exactly. My Wednesdays were so fun back then!

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                    Nothing good ever came from a night at the Tank...
                    Most nights you could get herpes just from walking in.

Comment

I'll ignore the fact that two NFL players felt the need to go to Cedar Falls, but why in the world would they go to Sharky's? Do the linemen still do shirts off Saturdays at Suds? Does Sharky's still let minors in? Does the dance floor still smell like urine? Would they play "Get Low" on request if I went back to relive my glory days? So many questions.
                      I would think NFL players could find a place with a better selection than the freshmen females that are frequenting Sharky's.

On a related subject, NBA players are really enjoying their road trips these days:
                      If you want to know why road teams are winning at historically great levels, take a look inside the NBA's new, tamer social scene.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                        This happening to former or current players surprises no one. So while I was only being half serious the point still stands.
                        I would bet that most college athletic programs have occasional incidences of players/alumni doing stupid stuff while drunk.

At least it wasn't a DUI.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                          I would bet that most college athletic programs have occasional incidences of players/alumni doing stupid stuff while drunk.

At least it wasn't a DUI.
                          I dunno. Spitting in an officer's face, multiple assaults and the need to be tasered sounds worse than a run of the mill DUI to me...

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                            I dunno. Spitting in an officer's face, multiple assaults and the need to be tasered sounds worse than a run of the mill DUI to me...
                            drunk driving kills people. spitting in someone's face is generally non-lethal

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                              drunk driving kills people. spitting in someone's face is generally non-lethal
                              99+% of DUIs end in zero deaths

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                                99+% of DUIs end in zero deaths
                                Well, regardless. It was stupidity on their part. Why do something to jeopardize professional football careers? It just shows that sometimes people don't think through the consequences of their actions. Every action that a person does has a consequence.

Comment

Working...
                                X