WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharky's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharky's

I haven't been following Xavier lately. Was he most recently with the Arizona Cardinals?

Comment

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
      I haven't been following Xavier lately. Was he most recently with the Arizona Cardinals?
      This is not Xavier Williams, former Panther. This is Xavior Williams, current Panther, a redshirt freshman DB from Burlington.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Xavier Williams (alumni) is with the Cardinals
        Xavior Williams (freshman) is the one with the legal troubles

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
          This is not Xavier Williams, former Panther. This is Xavior Williams, current Panther, a redshirt freshman DB from Burlington.
          Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

The Xavior Williams mentioned above is a freshman. But yes, Xavier was with the Cardinals this past year and got some playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ2TheHall View Post
              Xavior also picked up a DUI in January
              Farley should set an example and say goodbye to this one. A DUI and a bar fight in 3 months? Don't need that on the team.

I'd put Allen on notice that one more incident and he too will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                Farley should set an example and say goodbye to this one. A DUI and a bar fight in 3 months? Don't need that on the team.

I'd put Allen on notice that one more incident and he too will be gone.
                I'm sure they'll both face some kind of discipline, but I'd look into the circumstances first. Also, has Williams gotten in bar fights, etc, in the past? The coaches may have an idea of that, since things like that happen without being reported on or arrests made.

I'm not condoning bar fights. But they happen, and some athletes from certain sports do get involved. It's college. UNI would've lost several O Linemen by your standard while I was there, and I can think of several other programs that would've lost "name" players.

Comment

Much ado about nothing, although I'm sure there will be official punishment dealt out. Nothing happened in this incident that doesn't happen pretty much every night in every college town in the country. A little pushing and shoving that would have been over if the cops hadn't gotten involved and made everything much worse. "Interference" is a made up crime that they can charge anyone with at any time.
                  GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                    Much ado about nothing, although I'm sure there will be official punishment dealt out. Nothing happened in this incident that doesn't happen pretty much every night in every college town in the country. A little pushing and shoving that would have been over if the cops hadn't gotten involved and made everything much worse. "Interference" is a made up crime that they can charge anyone with at any time.
                    Darn police always make bar fights worse...
                    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                      Darn police always make bar fights worse...
                      Actually they probably do in most cases. In this case there was no bar fight involved. There was no real need to involve cops at all here other than people who feel threatened by large dark people.
                      GO PANTHERS!

Comment

In all fairness Xavior did throw 2 cups of beer at an officer

Comment

If that indeed happened, that's just plain stupid. I say if because trusting the cops or prosecutors without question is also stupid. The have agendas just like the accused do. If other non-cop witnesses back the beer throwing thing, then it probably happened.

Comment

Actually threw them on the street near the cops.
                            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                              Actually they probably do in most cases. In this case there was no bar fight involved. There was no real need to involve cops at all here other than people who feel threatened by large dark people.
                              Not quite the situation but don't let that get in the way of the narrative...

Officers were called to the College Hill area shortly before 1 a.m. Sunday for a woman who had fallen. When they arrived, they noticed a bouncer at Sharky?s attempting to remove patrons, police said.

Hall was in the crowd waving his arms and yelling profanity at bar staff and others, court records state. Officers pulled him from the crowd, and he allegedly failed to follow instructions and then attempted to get away from police and spit at officers, records state.
                              If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Actually threw them on the street near the cops. He saw that as a way to protest their actions. They saw that as a reason to bust more people.

I'm not actually anti cop at all. They have an incredibly tough job to do that you couldn't pay me enough to take on. But a lot of times they do get carried away with their actions as well.
                                GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Working...
                                X