WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adam Woodbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Adam Woodbury

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
    Once again 9Year is called out and tries to backpedal. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
      I'm not a Hawk fan but I would like to see Iowa talent stay in the state.
      Why? He'd be a lot more likely to get a shot to maximize his potential at UNC under Roy Williams than he would at a rebuilding program like Iowa. That type of plan worked for Raef Lafrentz - almost a decade in the big league earning millions of dollars.
      Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
      Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
      - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
        Yeah, real 'adult' to throw out that term when people disagree. Take it back to middle school or better yet, grow up.

You want a conversation and then can't take the heat when someone points out your foolish comments. Saying Jake wanted Woodbury 'badly' then conceding later that we had stopped recruiting him 'over a year ago' and finally resorting to tossing out culturally insensitive terms when you continue to lose your argument.

You bristle every time someone takes a swipe at Iowa on this board but don't offer a peep when the same swipes are taken at Iowa State, North Dakota State, Wichita State, Southern Illinois, or anyone else. You claim to be simply trying to 'keep facts straight' or some other drivel, but then hypocritically don't try to do the same with any other school. And you and others wonder why people get upset at the parallel fictional woodsmen fans around here?
        That's all I'd like to see from Iowa fans. The same standard applied across the board when discussing non-Panther topics. If you're going to be real, be real. That means taking off the blinders for a while and being objective. I would want fans of other teams to expect no less from me if I were to visit their boards. Otherwise they'd be totally within their rights to call me a homer or a kook.
        Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

if you pay attention you will find that i am critical of comments on an equal-opportunity basis. the fact that so many involve iowa says more about the board than it does about me.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
            if you pay attention you will find that i am critical of comments on an equal-opportunity basis. the fact that so many involve iowa says more about the board than it does about me.
            lol, right.

I hope you were kidding with that post.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

So....about this being 34ish and having a daughter getting a volleyball scholarship. I thought Kiffin offering an 8th grader was young.
              Last edited by clenz; 09-18-2011, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Just a small reminder here... please no personal attacks... by anyone... on Panther Nation. It is possible to have arguments/discussions without attacking the other poster.

Thank you...
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                  Why? He'd be a lot more likely to get a shot to maximize his potential at UNC under Roy Williams than he would at a rebuilding program like Iowa. That type of plan worked for Raef Lafrentz - almost a decade in the big league earning millions of dollars.
                  So Iowa players do not make in the NBA? Only UNC players are allowed in the NBA? I don't get your reasoning behind that? I know Iowa hasn't sent any recently to the NBA, but before the debacle of Alford & Lickliter, Iowa had a few players go the NBA and make a pretty good living.

I think Fran can get players prepared for the NBA, he is an east coast guy and from what I understand a very successful coach at other places. He has connections to NBA coaches. I think he will be able to get it done at Iowa, its just gonna take a longer time to do it thanks to the inept minds of Lickliter & Alford.

I think Woodbury will be a great addition to Iowa, is he gonna make them a national title contender? NO, but at least he will help them get better. I am pretty sure he will be in the NBA some day.

Comment

Originally posted by casbern View Post
                    Can't wait to beat them again this year.
                    Again? How have we done in the last 4 years against these jokers? It would be better for us if he would have gone to NC.

I want UNI to be regarded as THE basketball school in the state by every high schooler. I never want to hear discussions of whether a top recruit is going to choose Iowa or Iowa State again without the discussion preceded with "UNI does not have a scholarship to give so that is why [insert player name] used Iowa/Iowa St as their fallback option." The 2000's were UNI's decade - I would like it to be our millineum.
                    It's about time we make the McLeod LOUD!

Comment

• Re: Adam Woodbury

Originally posted by PantherHawk View Post
                      So Iowa players do not make in the NBA? Only UNC players are allowed in the NBA? I don't get your reasoning behind that? I know Iowa hasn't sent any recently to the NBA, but before the debacle of Alford & Lickliter, Iowa had a few players go the NBA and make a pretty good living.

I think Fran can get players prepared for the NBA, he is an east coast guy and from what I understand a very successful coach at other places. He has connections to NBA coaches. I think he will be able to get it done at Iowa, its just gonna take a longer time to do it thanks to the inept minds of Lickliter & Alford.

I think Woodbury will be a great addition to Iowa, is he gonna make them a national title contender? NO, but at least he will help them get better. I am pretty sure he will be in the NBA some day.
                      The underlined/bolded part says it all. When Fran (or someone else) gets them back to the level they were with Davis and before, my opinion may change slightly - even though Carolina is still a far better option in terms of media exposure, program prestige, coaching, etc. They're just nowhere near that level. They can't look a kid in the eye and promise that kind of track to the NBA like a Duke or Carolina could offer, not yet.
                      Victory for U-N-I!

- George Halas

Comment

• Re: Adam Woodbury

It won't matter anymore when a revamped yet prob. bad and unproven ISU team beats Iowa.

Comment

Working...
                        X