WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2013 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official 2013 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Well, I guess we DID have another scholarship. This turned out to be a really good well rounded class. I am excited to get these guys on campus.

Highlight vid--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVTkYV-A2qU

And another--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umv3ITeYDaQ
    Last edited by 06panther10; 07-06-2012, 02:54 PM.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

whoa. someone must be the 4 for 5 then...unless someone else isnt coming back of course.

Comment

Looks from that highlight video that he isn't overly quick or athletic, but is a true post player, has skills around the rim, can pass out of the post, and can finish. He should fit well into our system.
        UNI FIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
          Looks from that highlight video that he isn't overly quick or athletic, but is a true post player, has skills around the rim, can pass out of the post, and can finish. He should fit well into our system.
          so he's what we've been missing without O'Rear / Jordan

Comment

He may also have the single most inconspicuous name in the entire MVC.

"Hi, my name is Ted Friedman. I'm here to sell you some insurance, and then dunk on your head."
            UNI FIGHT

Comment

he may also have the single most inconspicuous name in the entire mvc.

"hi, my name is ted friedman. I'm here to sell you some insurance, and then dunk on your head."
              *like*

Comment

• Quadruple like

Gives us a class of 6' 6'6 6'7 6'8 and 6'9....correct? All with a shot at another inch or 2

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

If the three bigger forwards grow an inch or two in the next year that is correct. I think they have been listed as 6'8 and 6'7 but they are young and have time. Also is Morgan a guard or forward? I think he is listed as a forward in the OP, but Khan has him as a guard. Just wanted to be sure
                  Last edited by panther-state; 07-06-2012, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I just watched a montage of all 5 of our verbals I could find video....I'm very very very excited.

Holy piss!

I've seen Klint consistanlty listed at 6'7 205
                    Bennett at 6'9
                    Robert at 6'1
                    Morgan at 6'6
                    and Ted at 6'8 and 6'9

That's same dang good size. Morgan seems to be a 2/3 type player. Carlson seems to be a 3/4. Ted is a 4/5. Robert seems like a 2 first with a 1 option. Bennett I can't find much tape on though. Given his family history I'd say 3.5-4.5
                    Last edited by clenz; 07-06-2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                      Cal Poly is far from a Cow Town. More like Ames sandwiched between the ocean & vineyards -its pretty nice actually. In CA, the cow town moniker would be considered the state capitol - Sac.
                      That avatar or pic you have is awesome. Your best one yet. Although they are all hilarious

Comment

Nor had even offered the kid...

Rivals says he had one other offer and it was Cal Poly. In other words, the kid from Fargo picked the school in Fargo instead of his one and only other offer which was in Cow Town, CA.
                        Cal poly is a good school maybe he did not want the tough classroom work.

Comment

Players with stats and links to some articles/video for those I could find video of

Bennett Koch 6'9 F Ashwaubenon, WI (Ashwaubenon High) - 13.1 ppg 7.4 rpg 1.2 bpg 52.3 fg% 79.9 ft% as a JR

Younger brother of UNI basketball players Adam and Jake Koch

Robert Knar - 6'1 Combo Guard Mundelein, IL (Mudelein High) - 22.3 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 6.1 apg and 2.4 spg as JR 45 3pt%

Needs just 23 points to become schools all time leading scorer

Klint Carlson 6'7 SF Waverly, IA (Waverly-Shell Rock) - .16.3 ppg and 5.5 rpg as JR

HS - Waverly Shell Rock, AAU Iowa Barnstormers, class of 2013

Jeremy Morgan 6'6 WG/SF Iowa City, Iowa (West) - 14.5 ppg lead team in assists as a JR

Iowa Barnstormers 17U Mix - Iowa City West HS - Wing Guard/Forward Class of 2013

Ted Friedman 6'8 PF Ankeny, IA (Ankeny High) - 10.7 points and 6.3 rebounds per game

2013 PF Ted Friedman - Ankeny H.S. (IA) - Kingdom Hoops Grassroots program - NY2LASPORTS.COM - NY2LAHOOPS.TV

Last edited by clenz; 07-06-2012, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Did Friedman, Carlson and Morgan get much attention from Iowa? It's nice to see 3 Iowa boys coming to UNI. Although I don't know any idea about how many schollys Iowa has open, what commits they have coming, or anything. Hopefully it's turning into a Panther state.
                            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Iowa only has 1 scholarship left....and they are "saving it" for a "program changer" from what I hear.

They have an offer out on Peter Jok, that much I know.

UNI has landed the #2, #3, and #9 rated players in the state of Iowa.....Jok is #1

I also don't agree that some of the players a head of Carlson are actually better, and I think the rankings will adjust this year to reflect that.

Jok is #1 in the state

Comment

Didnt someone on here say that Jok has the knees of a 70 year old man? Haha

Comment

Working...
                                X