WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kade Warner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kade Warner

This may be being discussed in other threads but I am curious as to the reasoning why UNI never made an attempt at Kade Warner? How is Kurt's relationship with the football program?

Re: Kade Warner

Originally posted by Lamoni View Post
    This may be being discussed in other threads but I am curious as to the reasoning why UNI never made an attempt at Kade Warner? How is Kurt's relationship with the football program?
    Watch his film on HUDL and you will know why we didn't offer him. Just not that talented at this point

Comment

no one offered him...at any level of D1 football.

Comment

Originally posted by Panburger Partner View Post
        Watch his film on HUDL and you will know why we didn't offer him. Just not that talented at this point
        I hope you are being sarcastic. I have no idea the level of competition, but he has good hands, high points the ball, runs well, trucks tacklers and has good vision of the field in those highlights.

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
          I hope you are being sarcastic. I have no idea the level of competition, but he has good hands, high points the ball, runs well, trucks tacklers and has good vision of the field in those highlights.
          My understanding is that it's a lower level of competition and when viewing film, I don't see the athletic ability and explosiveness to play at this level.

Comment

I think you also have to look at it from the envious position he is in due to his dad's success. He doesn't need the financial help a schollie provides. And with a handful of P5 schools offering preferred walk on spots - if he truly thinks he can play, then why not try there first? Worst case scenario he sees for himself quickly he can't cut it and he transfers down a rung or two to keep playing.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI MadCat View Post
              I think you also have to look at it from the envious position he is in due to his dad's success. He doesn't need the financial help a schollie provides. And with a handful of P5 schools offering preferred walk on spots - if he truly thinks he can play, then why not try there first? Worst case scenario he sees for himself quickly he can't cut it and he transfers down a rung or two to keep playing.
              Excellent point. Also a reason UNI should have reached out early, that transfer down could have been UNI.

Comment

Kade Warner had a nice day in the Nebraska spring day yesterday,

Comment

Originally posted by Kaboomcat View Post
                  Kade Warner had a nice day in the Nebraska spring day yesterday,
                  He had one catch for a TD in garbage time at the end of a scrimmage.

Comment

I just caught local news taking about him in highlights should have looked closer

Comment

Originally posted by Kaboomcat View Post
                      I just caught local news taking about him in highlights should have looked closer
                      I saw same highlight and pulled up stats. I would guess this will be the highlight of his career at NU.

Comment

I would think he would transfer to FCS if he never sniffs the field. He should know if you are good enough the NFL will find you. Does no good to not play.

Comment

I think what most people forget is what a great marketing and recruiting tool it would be to have Kurt attending games. I’m not sure what the riff is between Kurt and the program but wouldn’t it be to our advantage to suck it up and build a little better relationship than they have with him?

Comment

Kurt wouldn't be at games anyway. His TV starts at 6:00 AM Pacific on Sunday mornings and he may be getting the Monday Night Football job which would take him off of NFL Network and have him at Saturday practices of the Monday night teams.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Splitting hairs. Of course he wouldn’t make them all but like any good dad would find a way to make some. And just having his son on the team would give him reason to actually mention his alma mater by name on tv. You think that wouldn’t help recruiting? I promise it would have had a huge impact.

Comment

Working...
                              X