WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scott Frost to Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scott Frost to Oregon

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
    Head Coaching experience makes him an even better candidate for Nebraska.
    The biggest downside to the Nebraska job is that you would be in Nebraska. I think Frost may be okay with a job at a huge university in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Luther_Heggs View Post
      The biggest downside to the Nebraska job is that you would be in Nebraska. I think Frost may be okay with a job at a huge university in Florida.
      Yeah, but he played at Nebraska, so him living there would not be an issue. The way the Nebraska program is headed, it won't be long until Mr. Frost is the coach in Lincoln.
      peace

igo4uni

Comment

Just hired Mario as his OC.

That's a mis-step, Scott.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

You're kidding, right?
          Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

You're kidding, right?

QB coach at the very least. So far it's either frost as HC and OC or Mario as OC

Comment

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Why is that a bad move? It seems to be becoming somewhat clear that Farley's meddling in the offense is what caused some of the issues. That's his right as HC, but also had some negative consequences. Everything I've ever heard about Mario was fairly positive, except for some posters/fans here. Frost worked with him, so unlike the posters here, he has an informed opinion on the guy.

Now, in the extremely unlikely event he hires Farley as an offensive assistant...then you call him an idiot.

Comment

Would sure like to see Frost hire his defensive staff before UNI's season ends.

One name in particular who overlapped with SF's time at UNI who I suspect could get a call.

Another one I know I'd be calling if I were a new coach and wanted to build a D.
                  Last edited by Blue42; 12-05-2015, 08:21 AM.
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                    Why is that a bad move? It seems to be becoming somewhat clear that Farley's meddling in the offense is what caused some of the issues. That's his right as HC, but also had some negative consequences. Everything I've ever heard about Mario was fairly positive, except for some posters/fans here. Frost worked with him, so unlike the posters here, he has an informed opinion on the guy.

Now, in the extremely unlikely event he hires Farley as an offensive assistant...then you call him an idiot.
                    They were already a lot of complaints about him with the Bears. Hard to say whether or not that is a lack of talent though.
                    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

They were already a lot of complaints about him with the Bears. Hard to say whether or not that is a lack of talent though.
                      I don't know enough about Mario to know how he'd do at the controls with strong talent. Not sure if UNI was ever a fair test of his play calling abilities. Too many cooks in that kitchen.

But if I were a UCF fan...I'd be scratching my head at that one.

Frost has a $2.3M budget for assistant coaches.
                      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Mario was part of the offensive staff that once gave David Johnson just 9 carries in a home loss. The stupidity of this cannot be overstated.
                        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                          Mario was part of the offensive staff that once gave David Johnson just 9 carries in a home loss. The stupidity of this cannot be overstated.
                          Also, once attempted a hand off to a tight end. Mahaffey against New Hampshire.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Or thought it was a good idea to have Carnes throw 25 times per game

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                              good point.
                              peace

igo4uni

Comment

How much uproar would there be if UNI lost Paup?

Comment

Working...
                                X