WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did everyone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did everyone....

Feel safer after halftime yesterday? I know I did.

I felt really bad for the ladies that take tickets. They took the brunt of the complaining and anger with no support from anyone else.

It was weird that a bunch of big donors got right back in...
    #MACtion

Re: Did everyone....

Biggest of donors have their own location to go at halftime. If u noticed there were restricted areas on the outside with port o pots and assume smoking.

For the people that left early for that excuse but were going home to watch ISU/SUI they can stick it in their 😖 their loss!

Props to our students for showing up! They were into early.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      Feel safer after halftime yesterday? I know I did.

I felt really bad for the ladies that take tickets. They took the brunt of the complaining and anger with no support from anyone else.

It was weird that a bunch of big donors got right back in...
      Isn't it, though?

Comment

I come to football games to watch football. So this policy change doesn't bother me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          I come to football games to watch football. So this policy change doesn't bother me at all.
          Exactly

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
            Believe it or not, you can do both. Been going out at halftime for years and think I've missed the opening kick once. That was a day we were up something like 38-0 at half.

These things are not mutually exclusive.
            #MACtion

Comment

Sorry BC but I just disagree with you here. The crowd was sparse enough yesterday. It was nice having them all still there at the start of the second half.

And yes, students deserve a ton of props. They claimed all their tickets and most of them stayed put.
              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

The student section was a ghost town after halftime. Without the band staying, it would have been down right embarrassing.

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

I'm cool with a difference in opinion.

To be honest, if they would have used that reasoning as to why they were ending re-entry, I would have had a lot more respect for the decision.

Don't hide behind 'safety and security' when there are no safety procedures when I walk into the Dome at the start of the game. It's like saying people that are out to do bad things must have poor time management skills and wouldn't think to purchase a ticket.

It's an absolute asinie and intellectually dishonest reason. Treat your customers like adults. I also watched several pretty prominent people walk right back in yesterday after being across the street while others were hassled. Pretty shady.

I've said my peace. I'm done. I will continue to disagree with the policy, but won't be so vocal about it going forward.

Hey, let's get a W in the middle of the night next weekend!
                  #MACtion

Comment

My best guess is about 1/2 of the students left, which is par for the course. I was sitting on the west side, so it was tougher to gauge how much we lost, but my specific section looked to be at 75% of first half capacity.

I watched an interesting exchange next to me at halftime. Three kids asking Dad if he brought any extra tickets, explaining their intension to go out and toss around the football with friends while still heading back in for the second half. The kids were getting pretty finicky toward the end of the first half and even brought their footballs into the Dome with them. Dad said no he sold the extra tix.

Mom and kids all left and never returned. Dad stayed to watch and told Mom sorry before she left and he'll be sure to snag a bunch of $5 tix when UNI runs their occasional discount deal. It looked like one of those deals where the kids were a little too young to be out my themselves for an extended period of time w/out parent supervision and Mom/Dad were sorta drawing straws as to who was gonna miss the second half. I felt bad for them.
                    Originally posted by TH1974
                    This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

And I have no issue with the big donors getting back in. In fact, I think it's a great idea. They should get as much special treatment as we are able to offer.
                      Originally posted by TH1974
                      This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                        And I have no issue with the big donors getting back in. In fact, I think it's a great idea. They should get as much special treatment as we are able to offer.

I agree. People getting pissed off that people who give a ton of money to UNI are getting special privileges. LOL, that's rich.
                        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I agree also on special treatment--those big donors should be given all the perks we can muster. I wish I had the money to be with them.

Comment

I don't disagree, but you have to do it quietly. You can't pick and choose who you're letting through in a very public way.

Done now. I promise. I'm over it. I'll live with a tradition dying. It's not like I'm going to stop going to games over it. Go Panthers!
                            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                              I don't disagree, but you have to do it quietly. You can't pick and choose who you're letting through in a very public way.
                              This. As long as the donors have their own designated exit / re-entry area it shouldn't draw the ire of the rest of the public and spare the ticket takers from the grumbling. It would be even better if it was advertised (and maybe it is) that at a certain donor level you can get re-entry to the game after halftime). Now if those same donors are trying to get back in through other doors, I can see where some drama could occur.

As for the kids, maybe designate the grassy area on the east side of the dome as a kid's play area. That's a bit of a jaunt to possibly deter people from going back to the tailgating area.

Comment

Working...
                              X