WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tailgating Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tailgating Advice

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
    It is the week before the ISU/Iowa game. I'm in my 50s, so I don't want to be in a mostly student lot. I prefer good beer and don't necessarily want to waste it on them, but like the idea of sharing it with others who are truly football fans. We like to spread out some games (giant jenga, ladder golf, bags). I even have a bags game with rules to replicate a football game. And we like to start early.

Any further advice?

Is the lot south of McLeod a donor lot?
    Apparently, I can't read a schedule correctly. Anyway, the south lot is what you're looking for. I'm 30 and we tailgate with my parents (mid 50s) and have our two year old with us. It's family friendly.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post
      last year was first time I went up to north side of McLeod to tailgate, it wasn't bad at all and probably a good place for you uniDADtobe.
      LOL. You tailgated in the walkway between the Dome and McLeod?
      Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
        LOL. You tailgated in the walkway between the Dome and McLeod?
        Lakes is a very high dollar Panther donor.

Comment

I suppose that technically, there are lots in North Dakota that are NORTH of McLeod. Nice to know he's so dedicated.
          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
          - George Halas

Comment

It sounds like most of you have self-contained tailgates. Where is the best place that has a sense of community and shared experience with other tailgaters? We would love to land next to some folks to talk football, share tailgate games, etc.

Comment

While we are pretty much self contained, pull up next to us, introduce yourself, and join the party. We had a lady do that three years ago.... She and her husband are now mainstays in or tailgating group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Unidad if lakes can crash tailgate partys at UNI......you can just walk right in sit right down.
                UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Just don't try to crash a frat party at Texas.

Comment

All the tailgating, in my opinion, is a sense of community-even with "self-contained" tailgates. They all end up spilling out together, like at most universities. You'll find plenty of people to talk football with, share a beer, and a friendly atmosphere wherever you are! Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by MnPantherFan View Post
                      Just don't try to crash a frat party at Texas.
                      Great comparison. The funky part is Lakes is 40ish and Johnny Manziel is 20.
                      "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

How big is tailgating before UNI football games? For instance, how many fans will be in the lots tailgating 3 hours before the game?

Comment

it isn't to the level of the tailgating that goes on at Hawk or Clone games. but on a nice day, there is a fair amount of people in the lots.

Comment

South of McLeod, North of the Pony Express Gas Station is a great area with lots of families. Not a lot of college kids, I assume they party North of the Dome.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                              it isn't to the level of the tailgating that goes on at Hawk or Clone games. but on a nice day, there is a fair amount of people in the lots.

Does "fair" mean a few hundred? A few thousand? I was hoping it would be around 1000 two hours before the game.

Comment

Here's my advice -just come tailgate and see what it's like. It won't be a U of I atmosphere but we aren't the U of I. We're UNI and you'll be welcomed and have a great time if you don't have a bunch of pre-conceived ideas on what it should be like. Just come and enjoy! Then scream loud at the game!

Comment

Working...
                                X