WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bennett Koch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bennett Koch

Kid can play. He's going to be a very good player and he's up to around 220. Still some weight to put on, but he's come a long way...
    #MACtion

Comment

This Just In, Valley level big men take a few years to develop

Comment

I hate to make too many Iowa comparisons, but look at Woodbury, too. He's played a ton of minutes in his first two years, and his progress has been slow.

It's not just Valley level big men that take a few years to develop, it's really almost all D1 bigs, aside from a few elite programs.

I think if Bennett had been almost 6-11' in HS, every team in the Valley would have been after him along with some Big Ten schools, too.

Comment

good point. If a big kid comes in and produces right away you usually get him for 2 years tops.

Comment

a couple things I've been told,

He has the growth plates to be 7'1"

Tuttle has said he could be the best big man UNI has ever had...

I'll wait for my own judgment, but that is who was going up against him in practice last year.
            Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
            Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
            UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Eh, I hear the "growth plate" argument for everyone who isn't quite tall enough

Comment

Is Friedman making any progress?

Hopefully his confidence wasn't permanently damaged last year.
                Originally posted by TH1974
                This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Not any worse than it could have been growing up in Ankeny

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                    Not any worse than it could have been growing up in Ankeny
                    Speaking of Ankeny, did you read the DMR article about the proposed CIML split? Before it separated into two high schools last year, Ankeny had a high school AD budget of $790K annually (tops in the state). That's more than DM Hoover, North, and Lincoln put together. Keep in mind Lincoln was the state's largest high school for several decades, until being overtaken by WDM Valley not that long ago.

Comment

I did see that. The burbs dominate the metro (we live in Waukee proper) so it's probably a decent thing to consider.

Comment

Associating yourself more intimately with Ottumwa is never a good thing to consider.
                        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                          X