WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Farley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fire Farley

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
    And thats 100% on coaching and execution.
    Fire the special teams coach!
    oh wait....

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
      Guys, our offense has not been even kind of good for about 8 years, but the fact of the matter is that even with average special teams play we would unquestionably be 3-0 right now.

And thats 100% on coaching and execution.
      Everything you said is stone cold true.

Uni was up 24-7 at half. EWU adapted to the environment, UNI failed to adapt again. AGAIN!?!!!?!! We got different players then 5 years ago. But the same **** happens.

It's not the O-line, it's not Bailey, Kollmorgan, Rennie, I can keep naming talented players....... But it's not anyone wearing a jersey.

I don't want Farley fired, the guy is really good at recruiting and builds players. Defensive wise he knows he stuff too but we need fresh ideas for the O.

I had flashbacks from Iowa City circa 2009 yesterday. But that team won and they'll never let the poor hawkeyes forget. I just wish that can be us next year.

Comment

I wonder if David Harris ever puts a headset on and just listens to the game progress. David certainly has relevant experience to know what goes on throughout a football game.

Comment

I think Harris is looking to make things happen. I wouldn't rule out some shake ups in the staff over the next few years.
          Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Ugh. Are we going to have to see the "Fire Farley" thread title for the whole season? Can we just call it "What do you think about Coach Farley." It is just depressing, especially to visitors, to have that near the top of the list of threads with new posts all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
              Ugh. Are we going to have to see the "Fire Farley" thread title for the whole season? Can we just call it "What do you think about Coach Farley." It is just depressing, especially to visitors, to have that near the top of the list of threads with new posts all the time.
              I think it needs to be at the top of the threads for the entire season if things don't change. And as for it being depressing to the "visitors" of this forum, I'd have to say that falls pretty low on my list of things I care about.

Comment

Originally posted by Panburger Partner View Post
                I think it needs to be at the top of the threads for the entire season if things don't change. And as for it being depressing to the "visitors" of this forum, I'd have to say that falls pretty low on my list of things I care about.
                This. IDGAF how depressing it is to Iowa State fans. I care about how depressing the state of our football program is to UNI fans.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                  this. Idgaf how depressing it is to iowa state fans. I care about how depressing the state of our football program is to uni fans.
                  kaboom!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
                  Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
                  UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

It's valid discussion. If having a thread with that title scares off recruits, they probably aren't a big loss. It's a message board for fans to vent! If it was just people with purple colored glasses, it would be boring as hell. The ISU board was full of "fire Rhoads" type threads. UNIdad, did you chastise people for that? It's part of the fun. Oh, BTW, Fire Ferentz and Campbell too!!!

Comment

If I were a recruit, I would probably be less concerned about the Fire Farley thread as I would be about joining a team that has a history of falling short in big games....

Comment

Uni football cannot handle even mediocre football if they want fans in the seats.

I am a diehard and have had season tickets for over 10 years but I can't take much more of the crap I have seen the last several seasons.

you can only get kicked in the nuts so many times before you find something less frustrating to do with your time and money.

Farley isn't taking this program any higher. He doesn't have what it takes. Unless you think he has a twenty year plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Panburger Partner View Post
                          If I were a recruit, I would probably be less concerned about the Fire Farley thread as I would be about joining a team that has a history of falling short in big games....
                          Some recruits might actually want to come to a place that has never won it and be part of the team that wins a natty. Pretty sure the 1st NC at UNI is going to be way better then 6,7,8,9,10, etc...at NDSU...just saying

Comment

Originally posted by wretched View Post
                            Some recruits might actually want to come to a place that has never won it and be part of the team that wins a natty. Pretty sure the 1st NC at UNI is going to be way better then 6,7,8,9,10, etc...at NDSU...just saying
                            Well, NDSU is at about 14 right now and they seem to enjoy all of them a whole hell of a lot

Comment

Originally posted by wretched View Post

On the flip side, I'd much rather be a part of national championship #6 or #7 over being 7-4 for my 4 years here and losing on opening weekend of the playoffs in front of 6k fans....

Comment

This is a whole other discussion, but on what planet does NDSU get beat again?

I mean, 10 or more in a row doesn't seem at all far fetched when they recruit better than any other FCS team and play all their playoff games at home.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X