WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA's 2017 - Panther Future - egomaniac TB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA's 2017 - Panther Future - egomaniac TB

The semis and finals of the 2017 NCAA's were awesome, great action, upsets, St. Louis seems to do it right! Panthers had a respectable tournament, Max is just as good as the Mizzu kid, would like to have seen what would have happened in OT! great finish for Max and Foster, odd numbers - won their last match, wanted that fall for Foster, Bryce and Albers are right there, and Luhan can beat almost anyone in the weight class. The future is bright for the Panthers, could very well start a line up of all underclassmen next year, next year has already started. In listening to the interviews on ESPN, the PSU coaches and wrestlers ALL said the key to their success (beyond getting the best recruits in the country) was making wrestling FUN on a daily basis, not sure how you do that, but more schools need to find a way, it works. Even (yoda) Coach Gable when asked why PSU was having so much success he said " they put you in positions most wrestlers are not used to being in, but they are used to being in, and they appear to be having fun". I have followed Corey Clark for the past 9 years, he wrestled Eric Devos multiple times in high school, all great matches, then they are both NCAA champions in the same season, one at 133 and 1 at 174, and what he overcame to win his NCAA title was impressive, congrats to him. But I am embarrassed for Iowa and Terry Brands for the stupidity displayed after the match. Corey Clark understood the nature of his match, he was wrestling a former teammate, a wrestler who Terry Brands coached at one time, and he had a rather subdued celebration out of some respect for his former teammate. He stated on TV he did "NOT" want to throw his coach, but apparently the ego maniac Terry Brands need to spot light on himself, not his wrestler who just earned an NCAA title. What people should have been talking about was Corey Clark's NCAA title, should have been talking about Iowa's historic day on Saturday (went 8-1 on Saturday I believe - totally unheard of on Sat), but what they were talking about was Brands getting tossed, totally disrespectful in my view. Iowa has went 4-5-4 the past 3 NCAA tourney's I believe, the last time Iowa a run like that, 2-8-4, Jimmy Z got fired.

Re: NCAA's 2017 - Panther Future - egomaniac TB

I would say that we are very close as a program to being a top 5 finisher at nationals consistently, truthfully we have been some key injuries away from getting there as well. If we can stay healthy the next few years we could become something special.

Comment

Working...
    X