WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa Hawkeye items at a Dome Tailgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa Hawkeye items at a Dome Tailgate

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
    then don't be a dual fan jk..
    I'm not kidding...is it really that hard to just wear a normal t-shirt or other type of shirt without a college affiliation on it if you don't have UNI stuff? Why intentionally wear another school's stuff to a game?
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
      I'm not kidding...is it really that hard to just wear a normal t-shirt or other type of shirt without a college affiliation on it if you don't have UNI stuff? Why intentionally wear another school's stuff to a game?
      I wore a light blue shirt when I went tailgating in Ames for the ISU v. Iowa game. Every other person I met, whether a stranger or not, asked me why I was wearing a non-red/yellow/black shirt. Who the F--- cares the color of my neutral shirt?! Just give me a damn beer!

I should've just been "that guy" and worn UNI gear. I actually saw a decent amount of it when out and about.

Comment

Leave it to Rick Coleman to take a subtle jab at UNI, heaven forbid anyone talks against iowa hawkeyes. It's a great idea, the coaches are interacting with the students and are very respectful. Some people are unbelievable...

Comment

I'm personally hoping to see lots of pink this Saturday...
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post
            Leave it to Rick Coleman to take a subtle jab at UNI, heaven forbid anyone talks against iowa hawkeyes. It's a great idea, the coaches are interacting with the students and are very respectful. Some people are unbelievable...
            Outrageous! The media!
            UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Originally posted by TH1974 View Post
              Outrageous! The media!
              Yep, the media. You're pretty astute! Salute!

Comment

Originally posted by PantherChic View Post
                What's funny is that's actually a charity. My mom's church makes cloth diapers out of old tshirts and sends them in care packages over to third world countries. They're cute! Imagine babies overseas wearing UNI on their butt-I've seen some made like that.
                After I recovered from laughing about it I considered the possibility that it might actually be true and decided it was still hilarious either way. It' like the old newspapers only fit to line bird cages with. Iowa & ISU t-shirts only fit to use as diapers.
                GO PANTHERS!

Comment

I think it's pretty cool that Coach Jake and Coach Schwab are hanging out in the Union talking and handing out shirts to the students.

Yeh... some of the comments are a trolls. The top rated one about "I enjoyed the diversity and tolerance of differing viewpoints at ISU". Bet ya a million bucks that there is more shirt diversity and tolerance at UNI that there, unfortunately.....

oh and DAMN MEDIA!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIDebo View Post
                    Yeh... some of the comments are a trolls. The top rated one about "I enjoyed the diversity and tolerance of differing viewpoints at ISU". Bet ya a million bucks that there is more shirt diversity and tolerance at UNI that there, unfortunately.....
                    Is there really "tolerance" in Ames of ISU students walking around in Iowa tshirts? I rather doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                      I bring uni stuff to Iowa tailgates and vice versa occasionally. It's just not practical to buy two of everything.

I've been an Iowa State fan for 10 years. Now I'm a dual fan. So, I'm tooling up for it. Moved most stuff to purple totes for a UNI tailgate. Put on UNI license plate holders. Swapped out red for purple cornhole bags. Bought a white tent that I can accessorize based on the event (works for going to high school events too). For the Drake game, I still needed to bring some stuff in red totes, but they stayed under the truck! It would have been embarrassing, not just inappropriate this year to draw attention to ISU at a UNI tailgate.

P.S. I'm in India right now and I will be sporting my UNI shirt tonight (eagerly anticipating the 2:30am kickoff!)

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post
                        I've been an Iowa State fan for 10 years. Now I'm a dual fan. So, I'm tooling up for it. Moved most stuff to purple totes for a UNI tailgate. Put on UNI license plate holders. Swapped out red for purple cornhole bags. Bought a white tent that I can accessorize based on the event (works for going to high school events too). For the Drake game, I still needed to bring some stuff in red totes, but they stayed under the truck! It would have been embarrassing, not just inappropriate this year to draw attention to ISU at a UNI tailgate.

P.S. I'm in India right now and I will be sporting my UNI shirt tonight (eagerly anticipating the 2:30am kickoff!)
                        I like this guy...love the enthusiasm for a team he's just learning about!
                        The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdadtobe View Post

You rock - I wish all fans had that kind of enthusiasm, especially UNI-Hawks
                          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                          - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                            You rock - I wish all fans had that kind of enthusiasm, especially UNI-Hawks

Why would you expect something good like this from a UNI-Hawk?

Seriously, my father graduated from UNI in 1940 when it was the Iowa State Normal School and now my daughter goes to UNI, but I've always enjoyed watching UNI football on TV. For years, it seems that every time I watched them, they would do something incredible in the 4th quarter to win. Hoping to make it again for the Southern Illinois game (my only free weekend until the playoff game in the UNI-Dome on Nov 30th ).

My wife is helping to rally the parents to support the UNI Swimming and Diving team. Their intrasquad is on Sept 30th. Coach Humphrey is doing some great things with this team. They have a killer schedule, but look for them to make some noise in the conference meet in February.

Go Panthers. It is 10pm here in India where I am right now. I'm hoping I can stay awake (or wake back up) for the 2:30am kickoff!

Comment

Working...
                            X