WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI kickoff at Iowa State 7pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI kickoff at Iowa State 7pm

I just saw the announcement of some of the kickoff times and TV coverage.

Good news. Kickoff is at 7pm. We get a whole day for tailgating!

Bad news. TV is Cyclones.tv. So, it may not be available outside the state without a subscription. And the announcers will be the Iowa State homers.

Hope to see many of you in Ames. Our tailgate should be fairly close to where the UNI reception tent was last year.

FYI, they have changed the team sidelines for this year. Iowa State will be on the west (press box side) and visiting teams will be on the east (facing into the sunset). So teams won't cross in the middle of the field anymore. And the Visiting Section has been moved from the southwest to the southeast corner.

Re: UNI kickoff at Iowa State 7pm

Can't wait for the feed to not start on time, buffer non-stop when it does work, be pixelated as hell, and then eventually just stop working like it has every other time our game has been on that pathetic excuse of a service.

I believe it was last year that the stream worked so poorly that they actually made the stream free half way through the second quarter and issued refunds to everyone that had paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
      Can't wait for the feed to not start on time, buffer non-stop when it does work, be pixelated as hell, and then eventually just stop working like it has every other time our game has been on that pathetic excuse of a service.

I believe it was last year that the stream worked so poorly that they actually made the stream free half way through the second quarter and issued refunds to everyone that had paid for it.

A few years ago, the link in Atlanta didn't work for the entire first half of the Texas game!

Seriously, I think the streaming has improved, but I'm glad that I won't need to rely on it to watch this game. However, I will have to determine how to show the game at our tailgate.

Anybody know if it might be added to DirectTV?

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post

They did give a refund. After the first quarter, I didn't have issues.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
          A few years ago, the link in Atlanta didn't work for the entire first half of the Texas game!

Seriously, I think the streaming has improved, but I'm glad that I won't need to rely on it to watch this game. However, I will have to determine how to show the game at our tailgate.

Anybody know if it might be added to DirectTV?
          How can a B12 program, with a $75,000,000 athletic budget (the 47th largest in the nation) have such a craptasitic third tier media right/broadcast system?

There are a number of high schools around the state of Iowa web streaming their football games with better/as good picture quality, less buffering, etc...

Comment

I've never had any issues with cyclones.tv, but I only watch about 3 basketball games on it each year. Never watched a football game since I'm always there for the home opener.

Comment

Working...
            X