WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Register for Student Tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now I'm in... well at least requested, that is.

Comment

I get the error too

Comment

THIS S$$KS

can't the ticket office do anything right???????????????? \

no luck for me either.

Comment

Stay positive for now people. They are working on it!
          "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

that is what they allways say. the ticket office is working on giving people the RIGHT tickets...... The ticket office is working on having people who know what they are talking about...... The ticket office is working on ........................................

The list goes on and on.

Comment

Still no luck. I talked to the ticket office and they just said to wait, and that the best I could hope for was to talk to Nate Clayberg. I left a message on his machine last Friday with still no response. I'm thinking maybe I'll just break down and buy a seat for Sunday...

Comment

Worse case you can just get a ticket at the door, but get there early b/c they would only have those 100 tickets.

Actually, i think they will have more than that, and will be selling them to the general public.

Comment

Ya, I don't think you'll need to buy a ticket. Like #1 said, if you really do continue to have problems, go to the ticket office during the day and you'll get ticket for the night. I'd assume that if they're really having that much trouble with the system still, they will hold many more than 100 for students on the day of the game.... Hopefully everything will be fixed and worked out very soon.
                  "OH BABY! I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!" -GR

Comment

Ahh yes...
                    A system that everyone knew would not work.

Pessimist alert again (I really usually am a very positive person, maybe its all the papers I have been working on...)-
                    There will be noticeably empty seats on Sunday on the south end for two reasons: 1. Students will not show up and the ticket office is not competant enough to make sure that tickets get into the hands of the general public!!
                    #MACtion

Comment

Still no luck as of this morning. I've called the ticket office but had to get off the phone after being on hold for twenty minutes. I've called Nate Clayberg with no response, and don't have any time to get over to the ticket office during the day...frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by bcrawf View Post
                        Ahh yes...
                        A system that everyone knew would not work.

Pessimist alert again (I really usually am a very positive person, maybe its all the papers I have been working on...)-
                        There will be noticeably empty seats on Sunday on the south end for two reasons: 1. Students will not show up and the ticket office is not competant enough to make sure that tickets get into the hands of the general public!!
                        Why do you say students will not show up??
                        "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

There are two different kinds of student Panther fans.

1) There's us reading this right now, the ones who are actively seeking out the ticketing system making sure that we have a ticket, knowing that we'd do anything to be there in the Jungle on opening night, we've been on PN anxiously awaiting Sunday for the past eight months.

2) There's students who like the Panthers, they want to see the game and cheer, but if it's not convenient it's not worth a hassle. Their cost-benefit analysis reads a little differently than ours. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I think bcrawf (and please correct me if I'm wrong) was alluding that the student fans who think this whole ticket process is too taxing are going to get frustrated and just not come. Which would be a shame, because this game is going to be awesome!! And further, if something goes wrong with the process and those seats can't/don't get sold to the open public to compensate for lack of student interest, we'll have empty seats - and that would be a big disappointment.

Comment

correct me if I'm wrong on this guys. Even if students don't get their ticket online they can still get it the day of. The 100 tickets at the door for students is a minimum right? So if only a couple hundred students actually get this online thing to work that should mean there is a ton left to get the day of. You just have to get there before they are sold to the public.

Do I have this right?

Comment

Sauserj, that is correct. Only 1500 tickets can be gotten ahead of time, but if only 700 are requested ahead of time, then the remaining 800 are available to both students and the general public the day of the game for people who just walk, plus the original 100

Comment

Originally posted by UNIPNTHR View Post
                                There are two different kinds of student Panther fans.

1) There's us reading this right now, the ones who are actively seeking out the ticketing system making sure that we have a ticket, knowing that we'd do anything to be there in the Jungle on opening night, we've been on PN anxiously awaiting Sunday for the past eight months.

2) There's students who like the Panthers, they want to see the game and cheer, but if it's not convenient it's not worth a hassle. Their cost-benefit analysis reads a little differently than ours. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I think bcrawf (and please correct me if I'm wrong) was alluding that the student fans who think this whole ticket process is too taxing are going to get frustrated and just not come. Which would be a shame, because this game is going to be awesome!! And further, if something goes wrong with the process and those seats can't/don't get sold to the open public to compensate for lack of student interest, we'll have empty seats - and that would be a big disappointment.

Exactly a combination of the undedicated student who receives no sanction for not showing up and the ineptness of the ticket office will lead to empty seats
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X