WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fire Farley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Farley

Originally posted by formerwalkon View Post
    Good job UNI, way to have the program sink to a level that expects fans to lose.

SDSU and NDSU are going to smash UNI

As much as I hate to say it and hate to see it, I hope they do!

I hope our new AD gets to see two successful teams and get a glimpse at what panther football should be.

Comment

Joe Davis is having another record breaking year being an offensive coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
        Joe Davis is having another record breaking year being an offensive coordinator
        He's not the OC.
        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

At Fordham

Comment

Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
            At Fordham
            He's not the OC at Fordham.
            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

When u listen to Farley talk about the losses...he talks a lot about being frustrated we're not making the plays in the 4th quarter to win. He hardly talks about the glaring offense issues at all.

I guess his strategy is to call an ultra conservative game and keep it close going into the 4th quarter, and then make the plays at the end to win.

That's what makes me think he's just not getting it. He's embraced a failed strategy. It won't work consistently against the quality of teams we play. You gotta put some points on the scoreboard to win.
              Last edited by Blue42; 10-15-2016, 09:08 PM.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                When u listen to Farley talk about the losses...he talks a lot about being frustrated we're not making the plays in the 4th quarter to win. He hardly talks about the glaring offense issues at all.

I guess his strategy is to call an ultra conservative game and keep it close going into the 4th quarter, and then make the plays at the end to win.

That's what makes me think he's just not getting it. He's embraced a failed strategy. It won't work consistently against the quality of teams we play. You gotta put some points on the scoreboard to win.
                The offense put up 3 points, what more do you want?

Comment

Farley continually makes comments that "no one person is bigger than the program". Maybe he needs to take a look in the mirror. Spiraling the program into the dumps without any change because you're so adamant and stuck in your ways, is in fact Coach Farey, putting yourself ahead of the program.

Comment

Delaware fired their head coach today. He was 2-4 on the season. 19-22 in his tenure.

Oddly enough...they fired their volleyball coach on the same day and announced it in the same press release. A two-fer.
                    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

#dunneordone

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                        #dunneordone
                        Is this trending on Twitter yet?

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
                          Is this trending on Twitter yet?
                          It should be. Its now my response to anything involving Farley. This coach has wasted more talent than any FCS head coach in history.

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                            It should be. Its now my response to anything involving Farley. This coach has wasted more talent than any FCS head coach in history.
                            And kaboom....there goes the dynamite

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                              Delaware fired their head coach today. He was 2-4 on the season. 19-22 in his tenure.

Oddly enough...they fired their volleyball coach on the same day and announced it in the same press release. A two-fer.
                              Unfortunately there is almost no way we can fire our coach unless he randomly decides to decline the buyout. Our athletic department is strapped for cash as it is, and paying a fired coach his entire salary in addition to what we would have to pay a new coach isn't likely to happen. He's under contract until the end of the 2021 season, so that would be $1,000,000 of dead money.

I don't know how our old AD and president thought it was a good idea to give Farley an 8 year contract after the 2013 midseason meltdown. He took a team with 4 NFL players on an FCS roster to a 7-5 record with no playoff appearance. That should never happen. Farley and some of the assistants have been good at finding and developing talent at certain positions, but have been so bad at other positions and in game management (clock, playcalling, etc.) that we have not been able to capitalize on the talent we have.

Comment

He's not getting fired this year, but if the money was necessary to do it, the money is available.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X