WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ungreatful Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ungreatful Panthers

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    LOL. Half of the posts in this thread are from the only three Hawkeye apologetics on the board.
    Thank you for the valuable and substantive contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
      Thank you for the valuable and substantive contribution.
      Thank you for replying to my valuable and substantive contribution with a even more substantive and valuable contribution.
      Originally posted by TH1974
      This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

If people could stop polluting this great thread with invaluable posts that do not contain great substance, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
          Thank you for replying to my valuable and substantive contribution with a even more substantive and valuable contribution.
          I've already provided more substance in this thread than anyone else. Until the rest of you step up to the plate (for the first time in history, for most of you) then I pretty much own it.

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
            This weekend brought to light one of things that really bugs me as a panther. The fact that people who went to and graduated from UNI don't give back to the school, and some people really take it a step further and donate money to a different school namely Iowa. I have asked these people why they do it I always get the same answer, because I'm a hawkeye fan. Then my next question is why didn't you go to Iowa in the first place, once again I usually get the same response, UNI had a better program (for whatever they did).

This is what really drives me crazy! I know not everybody can donate to the PSC or the general fund and I am fine with that. But when you give your money to a school that had nothing to do with your education, that is just stupid.

I'm just blowing off some steam, with all the budget cuts the school and athletic department are having to make, it would be nice to get money from those that went to the school. Now it's time for your thoughts Panther Nation. As always GO PANTHERS!
            I like your post, but have to point out that you forgot one piece....
            When UNI is in the spotlight (whether than be a #1 rated undefeated FB team or a sweet 16 appearence) these are often the same people to break out their purple and gold for a few weeks and brag about their college experience.

Personally, I've accepted those people for their team affiliations. The people I know in this situation grew up as Hawk/Clone/Husker fans and UNI will always be #2. However, I am certain to remind each of them of their experience when UNI is on the front page of the sports section and request a PSC donation. And, guess what, it's worked four times (actually 2 - two were to save the BB team which wasn't needed).

I know your OP was about more than athletic donations, but that is common ground and an easier sell with that group.
            Last edited by FOTY; 07-05-2011, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
              I know your OP was about more than athletic donations, but that is common ground and an easier sell with that group.
              Was it really?
              UNI isn't exactly splitting atoms in terms of academics. -run&blade

Comment

Wow. Really TH? I'll bold pieces of the quote for you.
                06Panther and Panther1 also mentioned this in the tread.

This weekend brought to light one of things that really bugs me as a panther. The fact that people who went to and graduated from UNI don't give back to the school, and some people really take it a step further and donate money to a different school namely Iowa. I have asked these people why they do it I always get the same answer, because I'm a hawkeye fan. Then my next question is why didn't you go to Iowa in the first place, once again I usually get the same response, UNI had a better program (for whatever they did).

This is what really drives me crazy! I know not everybody can donate to the PSC or the general fund and I am fine with that. But when you give your money to a school that had nothing to do with your education, that is just stupid.

I'm just blowing off some steam, with all the budget cuts the school and athletic department are having to make, it would be nice to get money from those that went to the school. Now it's time for your thoughts Panther Nation. As always GO PANTHERS!
                Just another post adding no value to the thread.... thanks TH.

Comment

Don't mess with FOTY. He is NOT to be trifled with.

Comment

FOTY two things-

1. In your first post it sounds like you are calling me a fairweather fan? I have never put any other team before UNI.

2. My orginal post is not really geared towards athletic donation, but just that people donate to other schools than the ones they went to. Yes athletic donations are the most common.

Comment

FOTY two things-

1. In your first post it sounds like you are calling me a fairweather fan? I have never put any other team before UNI.

2. My orginal post is not really geared towards athletic donation, but just that people donate to other schools than the ones they went to. Yes athletic donations are the most common.
                      Not you - just based on others I've personally witnessed.
                      On #2, see the last line in italics. My friends tend to be athletic focused so it is an easier sell. I understand the intent of your post. TheHawk1974 on the other hand.....

Comment

While I agree with the OP, the only way to change this trend is to just do it. Personally I give to PSC and the Alumni Foundation, while it may be close to the minimum, it's all that I can give. If you give, you are more likely to change the minds of those who don't. So, again.. I understand, but keep the nose to the grind stone and just be a proud Panther and continue to contribute. Soon enough, and we have made leaps and bounds, we will be in a better donor situation, both PSC and Alumni Foundation.
                        Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

Everyone has to make their own decisions on what they choose to donate their hard-earned money towards. My mom had breast cancer, so I donate money to that. I love my church and believe in their mission, so I donate / tithe. I love my UNI experience and look back on it very fondly so I support the alumni association / general fund every year. And I love my Panthers, the product they put on the field and what they represent in our community and our state so I choose to donate money and time to the PSC, too. I could give two squirts about the Cyclones, Hawkeyes, Republicans or Democrats so they don't get my money. Simple decisions. Give where your passions lie and you will make a difference and feel better all around.

Comment

well said Panther-Sheik.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                              Boy, another swing and miss for 9yr.

The OP wasn't specifically talking about athletics. The discussion is about people who go to a certain school, but donate money to a another school.

Hawk fans are out in full force already to argue in this thread.
                              really? thats why he mentioned the "because im a hawkeye fan" comment??? are the chemistry and literary teams also known as the hawkeyes now?

Comment

If you graduated from UNI & don't donate back that is really to bad but forgivable. If you graduated from UNI & you give to UNI & other schools okay, but if you graduated from UNI and U are donating to other colleges & not to UNI that s**ks! : I really don't care if it is to athletics or the college in general, but think about it if alumni at some point in time had not given back to UNI then you might not have even had your college experience in Cedar Falls. If alumni had not supported the dome back in the 70's then we might not have the great facility that we have today. UNI grows & improves because of alumni donations, not simply because of tax dollars.
                                "I know the CUBS will play in the world series one of these years, I only hope I'm still alive to see it !"

Comment

Working...
                                X