WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ungreatful Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ungreatful Panthers

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
    there are plenty of students at every school who are not athletic supporters of that school.

your problem is that its iowa, nothing more.
    His problem (and mine) is that its not Iowa, its that another school is receiving monetary support. It could be Iowa, it could be USC for a grad that has moved to Southern California, it could be Oregon for an alum that has moved to Eugene. As much as you think people are over sensitive toward the Hawks, you are just as much over sensitive in the reverse.

It drives me nuts how quickly people forget the origin of college athletics and their mission, it has to do with YOUR SCHOOL, the school were you choose to receive YOUR ACADEMICS, not who was on channel 17 when you were growing up. Everyone *****es about how CF sucks on Saturday, and how IC is awesome (or other venues for that matter), if all the people with diplomas trimmed in purple and gold would stay, give, and be passionate in CF on Saturday afternoons instead of doing it in IC, CF would be cool to them to. It is ALL social, don't let anyone try to sell you any honkey that might be different.
    Last edited by jegbomb52; 07-06-2011, 01:31 PM.
    Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

so you would have gone to UNI had iowa offered a full ride for football? cool.

Comment

so you would have gone to UNI had iowa offered a full ride for football? cool.
        What?

How in gods name is that your response to Jeg's post? Once again, a big whiff by you.

Did you get kicked in the head this week or what?
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

because he choose HIS SCHOOL based on HIS ACADEMICS and the original mission of college

its not my fault you cannot comprehend anything deeper than emoticons.

Comment

LOL, yeah its me...
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

because he choose HIS SCHOOL based on HIS ACADEMICS and the original mission of college

its not my fault you cannot comprehend anything deeper than emoticons.
              I still don't understand what the heck your point is...

Comment

because most people go to college based on a combination of factors, not some loyalty to the school. (except me of course, who could have gone anywhere but i am 4th-gen iowa grad)

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                  It drives me nuts how quickly people forget the origin of college athletics and their mission, it has to do with YOUR SCHOOL, the school were you choose to receive YOUR ACADEMICS, not who was on channel 17 when you were growing up. Everyone *****es about how CF sucks on Saturday, and how IC is awesome (or other venues for that matter), if all the people with diplomas trimmed in purple and gold would stay, give, and be passionate in CF on Saturday afternoons instead of doing it in IC, CF would be cool to them to. It is ALL social, don't let anyone try to sell you any honkey that might be different.
                  Completely agree Jeg. Personally I think IC sucks, there is nothing special about other than dirty bars and clubs filled by dirtier people. I'll take a night at the OP over a night of barhopping in IC. Cedar Falls is always a blast on the weekends for me and even Ames is a decent time, although I attribute that more to the friends I have there, not necessarily Ames itself. If you don't want to be in CF, cheering on the Panthers, having a good time and spreading school spirit then I don't want you there.

Comment

agree w/ Jeg. There is a reason why newsnerd, 9yr & th1974 runs their fat mouths on this board every single time UNI is propped up & UNI is knocked down. Their loyalty is down the interstate. That is also where their internet loyalties should be. Whoever is running this website should have tossed them out yrs ago. They would have been gone from any other website long ago.

Comment

this is america. this isnt riyadh.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
                        Everyone *****es about how CF sucks on Saturday, and how IC is awesome (or other venues for that matter), if all the people with diplomas trimmed in purple and gold would stay, give, and be passionate in CF on Saturday afternoons instead of doing it in IC, CF would be cool to them to. It is ALL social, don't let anyone try to sell you any honkey that might be different.
                        I agree Jeg. Having a good time is up to the individual and the people he / she is with. I have had some of the greatest times of my life tailgating at UNI (pre-game and post game). I've also had both a great time and a very boring time tailgating in IC, Ames, Wisconsin, Simpson College etc.. It has little to nothing to do with the team playing or the number of seats that the stadium holds, or your football subdivision for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                          I still don't understand what the heck your point is...
                          it's ok I don't either. BTW, you do realize your debating a person that has ten times the number of posts that you do??? 100 x more than me. That obviously makes them the most articulate one on the interwebs.

Comment

this is america. this isnt riyadh.

Comment

Hint- "everyone" doesn't complain about CF or anything else described in this thread. I figured we were having a hyperbole contest.

Comment

Hint- "everyone" doesn't complain about CF or anything else described in this thread. I figured we were having a hyperbole contest.
                                Honest question that is 100 times more interesting than the topics of the last couple of days:

Under what circumstances do you decide to use capital letters?

Comment

Working...
                                X