WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Ruud Leaving UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Ruud Leaving UNI

The president of the University of Northern Iowa is leaving to accept a job at another academic institution, sources say.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Not sure how this ended up here instead of the forum I tried to post to. Feel free to move it for me mods.

Comment

Re: President Ruud leaving

Going to some tiny liberal arts college in Ohio.

Somebody got forced out...
      #MACtion

Comment

WTF. ?

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

President Ruud Leaving UNI

Just sent out today:

Nearly three years ago, I was honored and humbled to be offered the opportunity to become the 10th president of the University of Northern Iowa. Those three years have held many challenges but have passed in the blink of an eye, thanks primarily to all of you and the successes we have achieved together.

As a team we have stopped the freefall of our enrollment numbers and have seen three consecutive years of growth. As a team we have faced extremely difficult funding scenarios, increased our state appropriations, have persevered and will begin next fiscal year with a balanced budget for the first time in many years. As a team we have reduced student debt significantly. As a team we have raised over $50,000,000 for our UNI Foundation. As a team we have successfully begun transformations of the Schindler Education Center and Lawther Hall, while completing the transitions of Baker and Bartlett Halls. As a team we have continued to make UNI a great university.

I'm proud of all of you, your contributions and our achievements.

As we look to the future, it is important to remember that the only constant in our lives is change. Therefore, it is with mixed emotions that I inform you that Judy and my time with you is coming to an end. On July 3, 2016, I will become the president of Marietta College in Marietta, Ohio.

Our time in Cedar Falls has been a blessing. The relationships that have been made will last forever. Please keep pushing forward, building on the positive momentum we have constructed during our time together. As we move toward our 150th anniversary in 2026, please keep making UNI what it is --- The University of Nothing Impossible.

Purple for life,

Bill Ruud
          Last edited by PanthersKB; 05-19-2016, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Re: President Ruud Leaving UNI

Wow...I couldn't be more surprised.

What's the story here?
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Curious to know why he's leaving. Small private liberal arts college, division 3, only 1250 students. Probably better salary.

Hopefully UNI doesn't have the same drama Iowa did with the hiring process of their president.

Comment

Could anyone equal that drama island?

From my NSA monitored nexus 5

Comment

I was a big fan of Pres. Ruud. Hate to see him go.

Comment

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
                    Curious to know why he's leaving. Small private liberal arts college, division 3, only 1250 students. Probably better salary.

Hopefully UNI doesn't have the same drama Iowa did with the hiring process of their president.

More thank 340k? At a school smaller than Wartburg?

Comment

Pres. Ruud is 63 years old.

So perhaps he's ready for a less demanding job than being president of a 13k student state university that has been slugging it out for funding since the day he got here.

But it is a bit odd to see the AD and the President leave within 6 months. Not saying they're connected...but interesting that these have both occurred in 6 months and each as a complete surprise.

Comment

I don't think he got forced out since he had a job lined up immediately and was allowed to send a university sanctioned message about his departure. That said, I think he and admin officials mutually understood that he was not the "UNI Right Fit..."

Comment

Forced out as in told "we aren't giving you a new contract when yours expires after this year. You might want to start looking".

I had nothing against him in a way but it sounds as though he wasn't too well liked by faculty or many in the athletic departments and wasn't super professional in many of his dealings in university settings. I met him briefly a few times and thought he was nice enough but never had to deal with him on a daily basis.

Comment

This is all news to me. Thought he was well liked and a great fit. But then again I'm not "in the know"

Comment

UNIdaughter really liked him and said she never heard anybody saying anything bad about him. She just broke the news to me and she was shocked. Actually, she was ticked.

Comment

Working...
                              X