WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Up Next: Wichita State

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    Yes, it's possible but why would he leave somewhere 90 miles from home where he's playing with his brother?
    There may be a little tension with the family when/if his brother doesn't see the floor. I'd love to be wrong on that.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
      AKA, we're getting that 2017-2018 preview a little sooner than we thought.
      I'd like to see Dahl play more

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
        There may be a little tension with the family when/if his brother doesn't see the floor. I'd love to be wrong on that.
        I think Brad is fully aware that Tanner isn't as far a long as Wyatt was. Tanner didn't even really know what sport he was going to play until April of his Junior year. Tanner is a very good athlete that has done nothing but win in every sport he's played. He'll contribute by his RS Sophomore year.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
          Fellas...sometimes the overt pessimism on this board is too much.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I think we can dial back the Tanker Lohaus hype. He wasn't that great in high school.

They way this board drools over every sine recruit like they were the steal of the country is a little over the top. The lack of talent is why the record stinks, if there were better players on the bench they would be playing.

Team has enough chuckers playing, what it needs is skilled big men and guys that can take it to the rim off the dribble and finish. Neither Lohaus fits that and they never will.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
              I think we can dial back the Tanker Lohaus hype. He wasn't that great in high school.

They way this board drools over every sine recruit like they were the steal of the country is a little over the top. The lack of talent is why the record stinks, if there were better players on the bench they would be playing.

Team has enough chuckers playing, what it needs is skilled big men and guys that can take it to the rim off the dribble and finish. Neither Lohaus fits that and they never will.
              I said he was a very good athlete that will contribute eventually. That's hardly drooling, but don't let me step on your narrative...
              #MACtion

Comment

Good grief. He said he would probably contribute by his 3rd year here. Hardly drooling. Also, missing Wyatt has been huge for us this year. Surely you can see that?

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                  Good grief. He said he would probably contribute by his 3rd year here. Hardly drooling. Also, missing Wyatt has been huge for us this year. Surely you can see that?
                  Honestly I don't, I think it is just a convenient excuse for the poor record. He doesn't have what the team desperately needs.

I throw lohaus, rhoades, haldemen, and a couple more into the generics category. Basically worthless unless they are on fire from the three point line. Defensive liabilities that don't have a prayer of creating their own shot or rebounding. Uni has way too many of them on the roster.
                  Last edited by run&blade; 01-10-2017, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Honestly I don't, I think it is just a convenient excuse for the poor record. He doesn't have what the team desperately needs.
                    I mean it's not like we'd be having a great season but it'd be better. A very experienced guard to go along 2 freshman would be helpful.

Comment

I throw lohaus, rhoades, haldemen, and a couple more into the generics category. Basically worthless unless they are on fire from the three point line. Defensive liabilities that don't have a prayer of creating their own shot or rebounding. Uni has way too many of them on the roster.
                      Keep in mind all...I've never read a single positive comment from Run&Blade regarding UNI athletics on this board...ever.

Despite the fact we've been to 7 NCAA tourneys in 13 years, a Sweet 16, won back to back MVC tourneys, and beat ISU, UNC, Wichita State (twice) and Texas last year.

Not sure he's capable of...or interested in...supporting anything UNI.
                      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I have said several times Jake is the best coach in the valley.

If you want to pretend this roster is dripping with talent go ahead.

Being positive for some means lying about how good the players are.

Keep in mind the success of the previous two years was fueled by transfers, something I have wanted to see more of for a long time.

Can't remember the last home football game I didn't go to. Usually go to several basketball games also but that train wreck in wells Fargo turned me off for the year. Have a couple kids attending school at UNI. But yes, I don't support it.
                        Last edited by run&blade; 01-10-2017, 08:29 PM.

Comment

If you want to pretend this roster is dripping with talent go ahead.

Being positive for some means lying about how good the players are.

Keep in mind the success of the previous two years was fueled by transfers, something I have wanted to see more of for a long time.

Can't remember the last home football game I didn't go to. Usually go to several basketball games also but that train wreck in wells Fargo turned me off for the year. Have a couple kids attending school at UNI. But yes, I don't support it.
                          I guess if the talent sucks now, you might as well turn off UNI basketball games for the next few years. I mean, next year all we're adding is Tanner as a RS and another lanky white guy. The year after that we might be lucky enough to get yet another short white PG, this time he's an assistant's son. I get the frustration, but UNI has never had the most athletic or talented guys in the country. We always have (and likely will for a long time) been successful by developing guys. I think our freshman class has a lot of talent, but it takes time to adjust to the speed of the game, schedule, size of college players vs HS, etc. I feel like that is especially true for big men (Dahl) and guys who handle the ball a lot (McCloud).
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

We're at least 3 years out from dancing, again. We'll have to get used to the NIT as the best case for a while. That would be assuming Coach Jake stays in Cedar Falls.
                            Last edited by Pantherlope2019; 01-11-2017, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Contributors from the past two years teams, transfers bolded

2014-2015 roster
                              Mitchell (All Conference Honorable Mention)
                              Jesperson (MVC All Newcomer Team)
                              Bohannon
                              Tuttle (1st team all conference, Larry Bird MVC POY, All American)
                              Washpun (All Conference Honorable Mention)
                              Singleton
                              Buss
                              Morgan
                              Lohaus

2015-2016
                              Carlson
                              Friedman
                              Jesperson
                              Bohannon (MVC Honorable Mention)
                              Washpun (2nd team All MVC)
                              Morgan (MVC All Defensive & Honorable Mention teams)
                              Koch
                              Lohaus

I won't post my thoughts, just wanted this there for reference.

Comment

We need to mark this down.

Comment

Working...
                                X