WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Iowa Hawks (sorry)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Iowa Hawks (sorry)

Yes, I apologize, I watch and cheer for the Hawks on the side. You can comment on their particular game with me, or you can shun me. Your choice. I was just curious . . .

I DVR'd their game against Idaho State last night and was VERY IMPRESSED with their new frosh point guard. I don't remember his first name but his last name was Peterson. Freeman is hurt and this kid had to start and looked awesome. He passed up a FULL RIDE scholarship to Princeton to come and play for Lickliter.

He looked very good. So did Looby. Gorney looked like a dork. I think all the Hawks went out and got team tatoos as well except this Peterson freshman. He looked very intelligent and clean cut. As I said, I was impressed.

I think this is the type of guys Lickliter is going to bring into Iowa. They'll be good in a few years.

Apology accepted. I am choosing to shun you.

One piece of advise. If you want to talk about how excited you are for the Hawkeye's, you should do it on www.hawkeyereport.com or www.hawkeyenation.com; NOT WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM!!!
    Originally posted by TH1974
    This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post

One piece of advise. If you want to talk about how excited you are for the Hawkeye's, you should do it on www.hawkeyereport.com or www.hawkeyenation.com; NOT WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM!!!
      A. There is nothing sadder than a moderator wanna be.

B. Considering this is the Panthers vs Hawkeyes vs Cyclones board and the Hawks are on the schedule this year, I don't see the problem with discussing them. UNI is discussed quite a bit on the two sites you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by JD720 View Post
        A. There is nothing sadder than a moderator wanna be.

B. Considering this is the Panthers vs Hawkeyes vs Cyclones board and the Hawks are on the schedule this year, I don't see the problem with discussing them. UNI is discussed quite a bit on the two sites you mention.
        Iowa fans post about how excited they are for UNI's recruits?
        TH1974: This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by UNI Prof View Post
          Iowa fans post about how excited they are for UNI's recruits?
          Not that specifically, but there have been plenty of posts about UNI's football success this year.

Comment

I didnt even know Coralville Community College (CCC) had a basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post

Shun away then. Doesn't bother me. But you didn't read my post. I said I watch them on the side. The Hawks play second fiddle to the Panthers any day of the week for me.

So don't go painting me as one of those Hawk fans, bandwagoning as a UNI guy. That won't fly with me. People talk about the Hawkeyes on here. Either ignore the thread, or don't bother posting.

And you don't have to hand out advice to me. Thanks though.

Comment

I guess it depends on why you are posting about hawks. If it is info to give us heads up of the talent we will be facing then that is OK.

If you are a fan and just want to talk Iowa basketball then why would you not go to the hawk board?

personally, I cannot wait to win win win win and drive linklater out of town like we did alford. You know those old hawk boosters hate losing to us. For them losing to UNI Once every ten years is OK but consistently and oh my god the world is coming to an end. I love it. They are in for a shock (to nobody but hawk fans) this year when we beat them again.

Comment

Originally posted by EastonWest View Post

Ha. That's a good one. I haven't heard that one yet. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by EastonWest View Post
                    I heard they were petitioning to change the name to Kirkwood South CC.

Comment

i expect the UNI-iowa game this year to be very competitive, even though it looks like UNI has the edge in talent at this point. iowa surprised me a bit against a decent although unknown idaho state team. im glad a few people owe me favors because it sounds like tickets are going to be tough to get.

Comment

Re: OT: Iowa Hawks (sorry)

Originally posted by williebat View Post
                        If you are a fan and just want to talk Iowa basketball then why would you not go to the hawk board?
                        Because this is a Panthers/Hawks/Clones thread. It kills me how everyone gets their panties in a bunch whenever the Hawks or Clones are mentioned on here. I'm as big of a Panther fan as the next guy, but I've also followed the Hawkeyes. So sue me. Yes, this is Panther Nation, but if Panther fans want to be Hawk fans or Clone fans on the side, I see no problem with it. We're still Panther fans and will root for them any day of the week over the other state schools.

I guess I just don't have the anger some of you obviously have toward them. I think it's kind of silly. There's a thread on our message board pertaining to the Hawkeyes so I posted something in it. Again, I apologize. But if it bothered you that much, why bother posting in it? Just ignore it and let my thread sit empty. That'll prove your point and be far more powerful than coming in and bashing it just because you're anti-Hawkeye. Let those that wanted to contribute do just that.

I thought the game I watched was noteworthy because I was extremely impressed with the Hawkeye's freshman point guard. While I've been impressed with Josten this year, I'm very un-impressed with our point guard situation. Culliver and his past baggage seems to be the team's only true effort at building some future depth to that position.

Also, UNI has had the luxury of being the top basketball program in the state the last few years. If Lickliter is planning on bringing quality players like this point guard into the program, I think Iowa is taking some steps in the right direction. That doesn't involve UNI? I think it definitely involves UNI. If Lickliter turns Iowa into a better basketball program, maybe he takes recruits that could otherwise go to UNI. I don't know.

And for the record, I don't post on Hawk boards because I don't like a lot of Hawkeye fans. I don't get this whole idea that you have to be one or the other. As I said, I root for the Panthers #1 any day of the week and root for the Hawkeyes on the side. If you don't like that, fine. But it works for me I guess.

I just didn't see what the big deal was.
                        Last edited by jman2004; 11-14-2007, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jman2004 View Post
                          Because this is a Panthers/Hawks/Clones thread. It kills me how everyone gets their panties in a bunch whenever the Hawks or Clones are mentioned on here. I'm as big of a Panther fan as the next guy, but I've also followed the Hawkeyes. So sue me. Yes, this is Panther Nation, but if Panther fans want to be Hawk fans or Clone fans on the side, I see no problem with it. We're still Panther fans and will root for them any day of the week over the other state schools.

I guess I just don't have the anger some of you obviously have toward them. I think it's kind of silly. There's a thread on our message board pertaining to the Hawkeyes so I posted something in it. Again, I apologize. But if it bothered you that much, why bother posting in it? Just ignore it and let my thread sit empty. That'll prove your point and be far more powerful than coming in and bashing it just because you're anti-Hawkeye. Let those that wanted to contribute do just that.

I thought the game I watched was noteworthy because I was extremely impressed with the Hawkeye's freshman point guard. While I've been impressed with Josten this year, I'm very un-impressed with our point guard situation. Culliver and his past baggage seems to be the team's only true effort at building some future depth to that position.

Also, UNI has had the luxury of being the top basketball program in the state the last few years. If Lickliter is planning on bringing quality players like this point guard into the program, I think Iowa is taking some steps in the right direction. That doesn't involve UNI? I think it definitely involves UNI. If Lickliter turns Iowa into a better basketball program, maybe he takes recruits that could otherwise go to UNI. I don't know.

And for the record, I don't post on Hawk boards because I don't like a lot of Hawkeye fans. I don't get this whole idea that you have to be one or the other. As I said, I root for the Panthers #1 any day of the week and root for the Hawkeyes on the side. If you don't like that, fine. But it works for me I guess.

The Mods and some "supporting members" here have Napoleon complexes.

Comment

Originally posted by jman2004 View Post

for the record I am not even a little bit angry with your post. Re read my post and it is pretty mundane. Clam down.

Root for whoever you want. I do not care.

Comment

But even that "root for whoever, I do not care" makes it sound like I'm less of a person maybe because I root for someone other than UNI (even though I root for UNI more than any other collegiate team).

Sorry, I do need to calm down. I think I just got finished catching up on the "Dual Fan" thread today and was all worked up by some of the comments in it.

Hope no harm was done willie!

Comment

Working...
                              X