WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UniversiTees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UniversiTees

Maybe posted already and/or not news for those in CF, but just found out that UniversiTees in the mall closed a few weeks ago. Looks like they still have UNI stuff onlineā€¦curious how long that will last.

Re: UniversiTees

That's sad to hear. They were an annual stop/purchase for reasonably priced gear. I know Scheel's and UBS do a good job... but where would one recommend going for a reasonably priced gear?

Comment

Supposedly they're looking for a place to put a store in CF. Mall rent too expensive.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PantherChic View Post
        Supposedly they're looking for a place to put a store in CF. Mall rent too expensive.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
        It's why 75% of that mall is empty at this point. I know what they've charged past tenants that are larger and I can't imagine how a smaller business could manage ti.

Comment

That's too bad. It's a decent location but I can see where management is failing it.

Comment

looks like they closed the Waterloo location this past June, then closed the CF one on my birthday a few weeks ago.

College Square Mall is ridiculously dead (well, malls are declining pretty much everywhere, but especially CS)

Comment

Hopefully they do land somewhere as its one of our go to place as well. My co worker used to be in charge of leasing for the mall and said UniversiTees did really well. Part of their rent was percentage rent so she would get to see their revenue. That mall operator has lost several malls in the past.

Comment

I hate seeing the mall continue to struggle. Growing up here, that was a great spot when I was younger. Used to have some other really nice stores in it, too - Gap, Baby Gap, etc. I laugh when I think back to the days when Walmart was where HyVee is now and you could take your Walmart shopping cart with you through the mall.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

If/When Von Maur or Younkers pull out, that mall is done. They're really lucky the two restaurants moved in to at least drive a little traffic.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Von Mauer doesn't care. They own their spot.

Comment

I always thought they should have put a kid play area in one end of the mall after they remodeled. And a better food court. Bring in us moms with little ones who need somewhere to go in the winter when we're stir crazy at home! But instead it's a dead space. Beautiful interior, crappy exterior.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherChic View Post
                        I always thought they should have put a kid play area in one end of the mall after they remodeled. And a better food court. Bring in us moms with little ones who need somewhere to go in the winter when we're stir crazy at home! But instead it's a dead space. Beautiful interior, crappy exterior.
                        Yup. When our kids were really little, going to the mall in the dead of winter was an adventure for them. We'd throw money in the fountain, play for 30 minutes at the train table in Von Maur and let them each ride one of the rides in the food court. Desperate times!
                        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Working...
                        X