WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cable/Satelite TV packages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable/Satelite TV packages

What all do you have and how much does it cost?

My local city utility is charging just under $70/month for the basic digital + HD package. (134 channels).

Seems pretty high to me especially when it's $7.50/month for an additional cable box. I do get ESPNU, BigTen network, Vs, and NFL network.

I just wanted to see what others are paying and what they like/dislike
    "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Re: Cable/Satelite TV packages

We have the Premiere package on DTV - 250+ channels, HD access (additional charge), sports package (extra charge). We have two additional receivers, I think they run 5 a month.

Our monthly bill is outrageous.

Comment

Seems pretty good. I pay a lot more for my HD package. I have a bunch of sports and movie channels though. Gotta have my Dexter, True blood, Tudors, Curb, Big Love, yada yada.

Comment

news - we had the same thing you do before switching to Mediacom where we got phone/internet/d.cable +HD for the same price as just DTV.

Last summer I called DTV and told them that I had a good offer from dish network to switch and if there was anything they could do to match that offer (its not hard to find the current offer from dish and DTV will already know about it). They then offerred me $40 off my bill per month for 6 months and included Stars/Showtime/TMC for free for those 6 months...

We have passed this on to several people that have all taken advantage of this and I think its based off of what your current bill is (ie: the more your bill the more you'll get off of it).

When you call and are asked for what you are calling about just say "cancel service" and you'll get someone on the line that will do it.

hope everyone w/ DTV takes advantage of this!

Comment

My family has CFU basic plus with the HD package. We are thinking about adding another package on top of it. It's $43 a month, plus $10 for the HD box.

Here's the list of the CFU packages

Basic Plus Digital: Add a set-top box to CFU's Basic Plus service to receive every channel in digital format, with more than 35 high definition channels included. $43.00 per month, plus set-top box rental.

Digital Signature: More than 200 digital and high definition channels, Encore On Demand and digital music channels are included. The price of $63.00* a month includes one standard digital set-top box.

Digital Ultra: Everything in Signature plus Starz On Demand and your choice of HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, or HBO.

Digital Premier: All of the digital cable networks, digital music and all of the multi-channel premium movie channels. More than 230 channels in all! $96.00* a month

Comment

We pay 78/mo for Mediacom. That's for family, HD, sports pack, Starz, 2 DVR boxes, and HSD.
            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Everyone should be haggling with DTV every few months. I got cost knocked off my bill a few months ago plus a free HD box for the bedroom.

Comment

I have the Direct TV premier package with NFL Sunday Ticket and I pay about $80 a month right now. I've only had the package for four months, so I'm not sure what it will be after football season. We went with DTV because to get a similar suite of channels from Comcast would roughly be double the price minimum.
                Fight! For the Purple and the Gold!
                VICTORY FOR UNI!
                UNI FIGHT! UNI FIGHT!

Comment

Originally posted by TravelingPanther View Post
                  We pay 78/mo for Mediacom. That's for family, HD, sports pack, Starz, 2 DVR boxes, and HSD.
                  I pay about the same for the this package less the two DVR boxes.
                  Originally posted by TH1974
                  This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                    I pay about the same for the this package less the two DVR boxes.
                    Sounds like you also did some haggling.
                    Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

ive had DTV w/ HD, DVR, sports pack and sunday ticket for four years.

because I am out of my contract, ive been able to haggle down my bill fairly significantly. right now I am paying about $80/month for five receivers, one of which is HD and one of which is a SD DVR. I think i get a credit for my HD, plus $25 in other credits. I also got Sunday Ticket and Superfan for $100 by threatening to leave. the only downside is that they wont send me an HD DVR without renewing my contract. if i renew, ill lose all of my leverage with them.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                        ive had DTV w/ HD, DVR, sports pack and sunday ticket for four years.
                        Outside of food, (and maybe beer), the Sunday Ticket is the best money I spend all year.

I will have tears running down my cheeks with the final weekend this week.

Comment

We have had media com for over 30 years and switched ti direct tv this fall when we wanted to watch our son play NFL. We were running to a bar spending more money to see the nfl package and they had a special for 5 months 59 a month for all their channels and the NFL package included. When they came to the house to install they said many of the cable wires were old, replaced everything and we actually get the best picture we have ever had. I don't like how you have to pay for all the receivers though

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Earl
                            I have this plus a bunch more movie channels, internet service, local and long distance phone, $92 a month for the first year.

I'm not really sure what HSD is though.

It's about $70 less per month than I was paying for DTV and the same bundled services thru Qwest with a lot more TV channels, faster internet, and one more DVR.
                            Sorry, Internet aka High Speed Data.

Comment

Working...
                            X