WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Students (thanks!!!!!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Students (thanks!!!!!!!)

There have been several mentions of this in other threads, but it deserves it's own spotlight in my opinion! One of the silver linings from Saturday was the involvement of the students who were in attendance! You were loud, active, and from my vantage point on the West side of the stadium...into the game all night.

Yes, it's disappointing to lose a home opener, but please don't let that deter you from coming back to the Dome again and again this fall!!! You helped create a tremendous atmosphere for our football players and for the other fans in the Dome Saturday afternoon and evening! Keep it up!

I hope you understand how fired up I was (and still am) about the student crowd. It's all I could think about on the way home. So...THANKS to all of the students in attendance and PLEASE keep it coming!

GO PANTHERS!!!
    "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

[round of applause] That goes out to the student section for their performance Saturday at the game.

I was sitting in the Student Section with my Friends because that is where they wanted to sit for the games. It seems to be much more fun in the Student Section. We are no longer students, but I have to say that Things DEFINITELY have changed for the better as far as people comming to the games. While the ending didn't run out as well as any of us would have liked I too Feel the student Section was Loud and Proud throughout the game, and the signs were great to see as well. I think my favorite was "In Sanders we trust."

Continue the great work in the student section and Let's cheer on our Panthers to another Gateway Conference Championship and another run at a National Title.
    The Original PURPLE Wig Guy........ GO PANTHERS
    "You put some dumb red bird, a Hawkeye, and a Panther in a cage, and who do you think is going to win? The Panther would clearly rip the other two to shreds, eat them for dinner (although it would be a small meal for the monstrous beast) and spit out their feathers to make a pillow!"

Comment

so i totally tried to bring back the TP, but i only had one role and it didn't go so well..(also cuz we didnt score a TD until like the 2nd half! Oh well, maybe next week.
      Career (3 sport) Coaching Record: 50-3
      the Future coach of the Depaul Blue Demons

Comment

I was curious as to how the tailgating scene was??? I saw a quick mention saying that it was good, but nothing too detailed.

Does anyone think that maybe, just maybe, the close nature of the game actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise in terms of the student-factor? Obviously, I wish we would have won but if people had a good time, that's very important and I don't think we've had a close home opener in years. So maybe for that "casual" (2317!) student who likely doesn't pay attention to the D-II/I-AA distinction, it didn't matter and in fact this game might have helped convince people that coming to UNI games is THEE thing to do??

Comment

Did many people go to the "beer tent" ?? Who really wants a $3 cup when they can bring their own???

I think it would make a better atmosphere if tailgating were more condensed. (Maybe that's what they're trying to do) I had a lot of fun tailgating but seems like it was pretty spread out.

Anyone else have any other opinion of this?
          "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

I actually mentioned that sauserj to a few people on Saturday. The problem is that there isn't a solution. Maybe, if parking becomes such an issue, then the lots across the street from the McLeod Center and Quads will become a pass lot, and then all the free parking tailgating will take place in the NW lots. Heck, maybe even start parking cars up on the hill by where the beer tents were. That would make things better, IMO. But as of right now, I don't see how there is a plausible solution. What do you think?

Things are improving, and there will always be things that can be improved...but since things are improving, I'm happy!
            The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Working...
            X