WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fargo Media Explodes over NDSU's arrogance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fargo Media Explodes over NDSU's arrogance

NDSU is cutting off outlets from covering Bison athletics unless they’ve paid a media rights ramsom. As the links below show, many up north now think NDSU has gotten too big for their britches.

FARGO--Dear North Dakota State University Athletic Department Overlords: It is with great humility and respect I write this column. I must beg forgiveness that I did not seek written permission 24 hours in advance for doing so. It is my sincerest...

North Dakota State is cutting off outlets from covering Bison athletics unless they’ve paid a media rights ransom, according to local Fargo newspaper The Forum.

So wrong on so many levels

Sent from my NSA monitored One+ 3

Comment

Re: Fargo Media Explodes over NDSU's arrogance

McFeely's column is hilarious - a must-read.

I suppose it is only a matter of time before the lawyers come after us for each time Lakes invokes the vaunted Brand here as well.
      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

The hilarious thing is that they are so concerned with their "brand", yet things like this have happened in the recent past:

http://deadspin.com/5918130/ncaa-mis...o-rival-school

Even the NCAA doesn't seem to know who they are, let alone anyone outside the midwest.
        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
        - George Halas

Comment

"Every time I say it's a game, you tell me it's a business. Every time I say it's a business, you tell me it's a game.”

-Peter Gent, North Dallas Forty

Comment

This is crazy.

What does it mean for the media of visiting teams?

Comment

From what I've seen, NDSU isn't totally cutting off non rights-holding media from reporting on NDSU events, there are just limits on how much footage and stuff they can broadcast.

Comment

No Duh State University rescinds media restrictions. http://www.inforum.com/sports/408632...ison-athletics

Comment

Originally posted by FargoPanther View Post
                  No Duh State University rescinds media restrictions. http://www.inforum.com/sports/408632...ison-athletics
                  "Well, that de-escaleted quickly."

Comment

Are we sure the "brains" in the Hillary Clinton campaign aren't also running NDSU? All this is is an attempt to totally control the message, and limit access to friendly media. College sports media has always been way more of a lap dog, kiss a$$ culture than any pro sport. The NDSU dictators must have thought they could just up the game and kill off any negative publicity about their teams, law violations by the players and coaches, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                      Are we sure the "brains" in the Hillary Clinton campaign aren't also running NDSU?
                      Yes. .

Comment

Originally posted by JD720 View Post
                        Yes. .
                        Sure about that? It's a total control the image, thought police kind of move. Fortunately, NDSU was shamed out of it, but the fact that they'd even consider it is total BS. Your rights paying media are almost always a bunch of a$$ kissers in college sports.

Comment

Ugh, political talk on PN. Double ugh, NDSU talk on PN.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                            Ugh, political talk on PN. Double ugh, NDSU talk on PN.
                            That's how we feel when you throw your repeatedly horrendous attempts at sarcasm into threads.

Comment

Working...
                            X