WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scoreboard problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoreboard problems

Has anybody heard why the scoreboards can't show down and distance, and yard line in the 3rd quarter? Noticed it at the last home game and today. Works just fine for the 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters. Does the scoreboard not know when halftime is over

Re: Scoreboard problems

Originally posted by havok58 View Post
    Has anybody heard why the scoreboards can't show down and distance, and yard line in the 3rd quarter? Noticed it at the last home game and today. Works just fine for the 1st, 2nd and 4th quarters. Does the scoreboard not know when halftime is over
    Nothing interesting has happened in the 3rd quarter this year so far

Comment

if the scoreboard knows that halftime is over, does that mean that SkyNet is live?

Comment

Originally posted by kochrab View Post
        Nothing interesting has happened in the 3rd quarter this year so far
        Awesome!

Comment

All jokes aside, has anybody heard of why the glitch just affects the 3rd quarter?

Comment

Probably the same reason we can't show stats...

Sent from my GS6
            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
              we can't show stats...
              I tried to bend Harris's ear about this every time we met him last spring.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                Probably the same reason we can't show stats...

Sent from my GS6
                Seems that with two scoreboards we should be able to show team stats each quarter and for the game.

Comment

On TV they never show down and distance until a second or two before the next snap. Are they getting that from the scoreboard?

I guess I need to go back to tracking it myself like I did before they started showing it on the screen at all times 25 years ago. Technology in use for every college and pro fb game except UNI has made me lazy.
                  GO PANTHERS!

Comment

I find it easier to look at the sticks than the scoreboard for down and distance anyway. But maybe that's just me.

Comment

Unfortunately on the west side, the closer you are to the field, the line of sight for the markers is difficult to see at certain points. I guess I'm conditioned like pavlov's dog to keep glancing up at the scoreboard after a play is over. Plus, our sound system is so bad I can't understand what is being said most of the time.

Comment

back in my college days I'm spent some time as a spotter in the booth, so I got used to looking at the sticks (or the markers on the other side of the field), and the sideline officials marking the spot. And I guess I never got out of the habit.

But I can definitely understand people being frustrated with it not being on the scoreboard.

and I have the same issue with the sound system.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                          I find it easier to look at the sticks than the scoreboard for down and distance anyway. But maybe that's just me.
                          Oh if I'm at the game I never look at the scoreboard. But on TV you can't see the whole field most of the time and it's tougher to know where the ball is, so I've come to rely on the on screen down and distance.
                          GO PANTHERS!

Comment

There is a glitch in the control unit.

Unfortunately, sometimes we can unplug the unit and it reboots and sometimes not.

To the gnat's behind...........the numbers 1, 2, 3 are the problems on the unit.

Dan Holmes
                            Always a UNI Panther.

"Don't weigh em, don't measure em, just play em."

Comment

Originally posted by Winder/aka Dan Holmes View Post
                              There is a glitch in the control unit.

Unfortunately, sometimes we can unplug the unit and it reboots and sometimes not.

To the gnat's behind...........the numbers 1, 2, 3 are the problems on the unit.

Dan Holmes
                              Thanks for the reply! Hope we can get a new unit for next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X