WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guilty Pleasure: Iowa vs Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have it on (not so much because I'm a fan of Iowa and I'm still not sure about Montana, but I enjoy Gary Dolphin's calling) and yeah...Iowa isn't getting the blowout that they were expecting.

6:44 in the third and it's only 17-7 Iowa...

Comment

That's about where I expected it. 10-17 point game in the 3rd. The top 1-AA teams are good, and yes, there is a size/speed advantage for 1-A teams, but it's not that significant. What is significant is the depth. That's when in the 4th quarter 1-A teams tend to pull away.
      The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

Just returned from the game and it went just as PTTB said it would in the 4th quarter...a 41-7 final (last td scored with 6 seconds on the clock). UNI, however, looked far more impressive in their opener than Iowa did.

In my opinion, Montana's defense is quite impressive...they could give the Panthers some trouble in the playoffs.
        The Grizzlies' offense, however, was weak...they have a new qb and the old ISU RB Coleman didn't do much all game.

Cannot comment on what happened in Montana years past, but they were definately respectful fans today...no complaints there. That being said, I hope this isn't the last time I see Montana lose this year

Comment

Originally posted by sauserj View Post
          I don't know about others but I really hate it when someone makes a comment like "we all know so-and-so is going to win by at least 35 pts" At least provide some reasoning for this analysis.
          Pretty simple. Iowa=Big Ten Power. Montana= 1AA good team. Montana has D1 transfers and will be a very good team this year. Iowa can go 4 deep with D1 players. Iowa is not going to contend for a national title. That is just not going to happen. But I don't think a shot at a big ten title is out of the question. Don't read too much into the Montana game. That was as vanilla an offense as I've seen in a long time. Their defense leaves a lot to be desired however.

On to more important matters. Everyone get your butts to the dome saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by jordana33 View Post
            Pretty simple. Iowa=Big Ten Power. Montana= 1AA good team. Montana has D1 transfers and will be a very good team this year. Iowa can go 4 deep with D1 players.
            Actually Montana and all other D-IAA schools have a FULL roster of DI players and can go 4 deep with DI players. Get it right, get it tight.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIowaBacker View Post
              Actually Montana and all other D-IAA schools have a FULL roster of DI players and can go 4 deep with DI players. Get it right, get it tight.

Backer, you're smarter then that. There are two places where DIA teams have an advantage over IAA schools...size and depth. As we saw with Iowa/Montana, and as we saw last year with UNI at Iowa, by sometime in the 2nd half, that depth really takes a toll on the IAA team.

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post
                Backer, you're smarter then that. There are two places where DIA teams have an advantage over IAA schools...size and depth. As we saw with Iowa/Montana, and as we saw last year with UNI at Iowa, by sometime in the 2nd half, that depth really takes a toll on the IAA team.
                And so are you...I was just pointing out that he referred to them as just "d1" and not "DI-A transfers." You missed it yourself news.

Comment

His intent was implied, we all knew what he was talking about, and what he meant.

Comment

Guilty Pleasure Iowa vs Montana

So your guilty pleasure is watching me? Oh dear.

The dog voice is nothing, we have two dogs, a bird, and used to have two cats, and each pet had their own individual voice -.- It must seem so odd to other people when we talk to them.

Comment

Re: Guilty Pleasure: Iowa vs Montana

Priceless.

kaboom.
                      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I was going to delete this, but found it funny. Best spam yet.
                        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Guilty Pleasure Iowa vs Montana

The dog voice is nothing, we have two dogs, a bird, and used to have two cats, and each pet had their own individual voice -.- It must seem so odd to other people when we talk to them.

Comment

Re: Guilty Pleasure Iowa vs Montana

Originally posted by tiepride73 View Post

My guilty pleasure is watching the two dogs AND the bird.
                            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Re: Guilty Pleasure Iowa vs Montana

Originally posted by Rob Weiss View Post
                              My guilty pleasure is watching the two dogs AND the bird.
                              I'd rather watch two chicks

Last edited by JayJ79; 10-25-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

what do you call a mail order bride from Prague?

Czech mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X