WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commitment from Buss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Commitment from Buss

I'm always going to remember the game winning 3 he had at Illinois State this season.

Comment

I've always felt like Buss had a disappointing career at UNI. His injuries coupled with a lack of defensive skills took his freshman and sophomore years away from him.

I'm looking at ESPN and it shows that he only played 4 minutes his freshman year. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
        I've always felt like Buss had a disappointing career at UNI. His injuries coupled with a lack of defensive skills took his freshman and sophomore years away from him.

I'm looking at ESPN and it shows that he only played 4 minutes his freshman year. Is that correct?
        Yes, he broke his arm in a weight lifting accident the day after the ODU game.
        #MACtion

Comment

Buss memory: UNI vs Louisville (11/22/12, Bahamas) - Last 13 minutes of the game...

12:43 SUB IN : Buss, Nate
          11:56 40-22 H 18
          09:36 STEAL by James, Anthony
          09:28 MISSED JUMPER by James, Anthony
          09:22 REBOUND (DEF) by Tuttle, Seth
          09:13 40-24 H 16 GOOD! JUMPER by Buss, Nate
          09:13 ASSIST by Mitchell, Deon
          08:22 40-26 H 14 GOOD! LAYUP by Sonnen, Marc [PNT]
          07:09 40-27 H 13 GOOD! FT SHOT by Koch, Jake
          07:09 40-28 H 12 GOOD! FT SHOT by Koch, Jake
          06:09 42-31 H 11 GOOD! 3 PTR by Sonnen, Marc
          06:09 ASSIST by Mitchell, Deon
          05:48 STEAL by James, Anthony
          05:46 42-33 H 9 GOOD! LAYUP by James, Anthony [FB/PNT]
          05:21 REBOUND (DEF) by Mitchell, Deon
          04:55 42-36 H 6 GOOD! 3 PTR by Buss, Nate
          04:55 ASSIST by Sonnen, Marc
          04:18 42-39 H 3 GOOD! 3 PTR by Buss, Nate

Now, only down by three, the refs came to Louisville’s rescue. But Buss scoring 8 points while the Panthers cut an 18 point deficit to 3 is a pretty good Buss memory.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
            Buss memory: UNI vs Louisville (11/22/12, Bahamas) - Last 13 minutes of the game...

12:43 SUB IN : Buss, Nate
            11:56 40-22 H 18
            09:36 STEAL by James, Anthony
            09:28 MISSED JUMPER by James, Anthony
            09:22 REBOUND (DEF) by Tuttle, Seth
            09:13 40-24 H 16 GOOD! JUMPER by Buss, Nate
            09:13 ASSIST by Mitchell, Deon
            08:22 40-26 H 14 GOOD! LAYUP by Sonnen, Marc [PNT]
            07:09 40-27 H 13 GOOD! FT SHOT by Koch, Jake
            07:09 40-28 H 12 GOOD! FT SHOT by Koch, Jake
            06:09 42-31 H 11 GOOD! 3 PTR by Sonnen, Marc
            06:09 ASSIST by Mitchell, Deon
            05:48 STEAL by James, Anthony
            05:46 42-33 H 9 GOOD! LAYUP by James, Anthony [FB/PNT]
            05:21 REBOUND (DEF) by Mitchell, Deon
            04:55 42-36 H 6 GOOD! 3 PTR by Buss, Nate
            04:55 ASSIST by Sonnen, Marc
            04:18 42-39 H 3 GOOD! 3 PTR by Buss, Nate

Now, only down by three, the refs came to Louisville’s rescue. But Buss scoring 8 points while the Panthers cut an 18 point deficit to 3 is a pretty good Buss memory.
            Nate was also open for a 3 to tie the game, but Deon missed him, or chose not to pass it to him.

Comment

Was Louisville ranked #1 at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                Yes, he broke his arm in a weight lifting accident the day after the ODU game.
                I knew he broke his arm early in the season, but I thought he had played like 5 or 6 games. That lost year of potential development could have made him an even better player today.

Comment

Originally posted by Codytwo View Post
                  Was Louisville ranked #1 at the time?
                  If they weren't they were top 3, they went on to win the National Title.

Comment

It would be nice if he could get a medical redshirt... is he/we not applying because he's 23 years old and wants to move on or because we don't have a scholarship available? Has anyone ever asked him or Coach Jake?

Having him back allows us to easily redshirt an incoming freshmen and gives us a returning post player with experience. We have the best small forwards and guards returning in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIhoops View Post
                      It would be nice if he could get a medical redshirt... is he/we not applying because he's 23 years old and wants to move on or because we don't have a scholarship available? Has anyone ever asked him or Coach Jake?

Having him back allows us to easily redshirt an incoming freshmen and gives us a returning post player with experience. We have the best small forwards and guards returning in the conference.
                      From everything I have heard he is choosing not to pursure it, I believe he is getting married this summer.
                      GO PANTHERS!!

Comment

Originally posted by SMK4UNI View Post
                        From everything I have heard he is choosing not to pursure it, I believe he is getting married this summer.
                        Yes, he is getting married and not requesting a 6th year. Said he is ready to move on...

Comment

One thing I noticed about Nate last night was how he was helping up opposing players after fouls - class act. You don't see many players display that kind of sportsmanship anymore, especially with as physical and slap happy as Evansville was being. Hats off to him.
                          Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                          Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                          - George Halas

Comment

Working...
                          X