WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Students Will Be In The Posse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Students Will Be In The Posse?

How many students do you think will be in the Panther Posse this year? Do you think there will be more students show up at games?

For anyone on campus right now, what's the atmosphere?
    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

The feeling I got my freshman year (2004) was that a lot of upper classmen were not into Panther Athletics at all, there were a dedicated handful, last year there was a huge jump and you could sense that the incoming freshman were into school spirit and supporting their school and I think it's only going to get better. I grew up in the dome when the entire student section was full and tossing toilet paper at every touchdown. I'm dreaming that it'll come back to that, although it doesn't sound like the TP tradition will be allowed to resurface.
    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Keep getting those incoming freshman indoctrinated into the Panthernation lifestyle. Upperclassmen (women) need to take ownership of the student support groups and make it a big part of the campus atmosphere. Keep up the good work students. Be loud and proud Panther fans!
      "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

I was there during the t.p. tradition and it was so much fun back then! Would love to see the student section at football games get back to something like that - standing in line for more than an hour just to get in.....those were the days....

Comment

i shall make the TP tradition a reality again!
          Career (3 sport) Coaching Record: 50-3
          the Future coach of the Depaul Blue Demons

Comment

Has the "tradition" of students going to the football games for the first half and then leaving for whatever reason still in tact? Just wondering, that was a big problem when I was still attending UNI, that among other things.
            The Original PURPLE Wig Guy........ GO PANTHERS
            "You put some dumb red bird, a Hawkeye, and a Panther in a cage, and who do you think is going to win? The Panther would clearly rip the other two to shreds, eat them for dinner (although it would be a small meal for the monstrous beast) and spit out their feathers to make a pillow!"

Comment

i miss the tp. as a kid i used to love looking up and seeing white everywhere.
              Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by General_Panther View Post
                Has the "tradition" of students going to the football games for the first half and then leaving for whatever reason still in tact? Just wondering, that was a big problem when I was still attending UNI, that among other things.
                Mmmm....only time ive seen that happen is when we're up big like vs. drake and d-II.
                Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Comment

Originally posted by pantherclaw View Post
                  Mmmm....only time ive seen that happen is when we're up big like vs. drake and d-II.
                  Two years ago when I lived on campus students would go the games for the entire first half and then a good chunck would leave after halftime. For what reasons I don't know, but I am sure I can guess but I don't want to assume. I just know that that is what I saw being at every home game that year. I'm sure it's changed in the last two years. I haven't actually lived on Campus since the Spring of 2005 so it could have changed.
                  The Original PURPLE Wig Guy........ GO PANTHERS
                  "You put some dumb red bird, a Hawkeye, and a Panther in a cage, and who do you think is going to win? The Panther would clearly rip the other two to shreds, eat them for dinner (although it would be a small meal for the monstrous beast) and spit out their feathers to make a pillow!"

Comment

The Claw is right... I can only think of two games where the students started ducking out early: Drake and Minnesota-Duluth. I couldn't blame them because both of those games were decided early, and it WAS a Saturday evening after all. Games that stand out to me were the Youngstown State game where the student section was vocal and standing the whole time, and especially the Southern Illinois game where the students were the craziest I've ever seen them for a football game (I wasn't around for the TP days, sadly).

I agree that the younger students seem to be the ones propelling the Panther Pride movement. I remember at the freshman bash last year the students were made to walk through a tunnel with cheerleaders, and the band blasting the fight song, and most of them were in awe. Hartzell and Koob made it a point to tell the students to stay on the campus on the weekends and to get out and support UNI athletics. It seems to be working, and if this keeps up, we may have a very bright future on our hands...

"Once it starts, it never ends."
                    -Eldon Miller

Comment

I miss the t.p. I also miss the giant beach balls that used to get batted around up and down the bleachers -- but that would be kind of a hazard tryin to keep those off the field all the time...

Hey and whatever happened to that giant blimp that used to fly around and drop coupons and stuff above the fans???
                      "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

doesn't seem like the blimp flew very well. seems like it may have even slowly fell onto the crowd once. anyone able to confirm this?

is the tp ruled out because of it going on the field? if it's just the mess i would consider cleaning it all up for free after games just to get it back.
                        Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Weiss View Post
                          doesn't seem like the blimp flew very well. seems like it may have even slowly fell onto the crowd once. anyone able to confirm this?

is the tp ruled out because of it going on the field? if it's just the mess i would consider cleaning it all up for free after games just to get it back.
                          Having problems paying the bills there Rob? hehehehehehehe
                          Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Comment

Rumor has it that they will be allowing the beach balls again this year, if people keep them off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by pantherclaw View Post
                              Having problems paying the bills there Rob? hehehehehehehe
                              It took me a second to get that. Not enough sleep I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                              X