WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News!!!!!!

At 5pm today the PPC (Panther Posse Committee) met up for a meeting. A lot of things were discussed until the pizza came...but no, really, a lot to say now!

I: T-SHIRTS
    Are going to be Purple (2 different shirts as well)
    II: MEMBERSHIP
    As of today we have heard the summer orientation recruiting and move-in week brought in just under 800 new members, (Freshman) Thats not including returning Members! The goal is to have 2,000+ to be members! We will be promoting and advertising membership around the Union in the following couple weeks!
    Advertising will also include fliers in every residence hall as well!

III FOOTBALL!
    -TAILGATING!
    Something we have all been waiting for. It is in the works, (not final) That there will be the grassy area between the Scholarship/Alumni parking and Student parking for a premier central Tailgate full with a few concessions and possibly in part by Fahr (sp?) Beverage we will have a Beer tent as well. The only thing with that is getting enough security for the wrist bands and such, but shouldn't be too hard. That would be set up around the 2nd home game! Exciting I know. Saves us all time to cleanup, and coolers to carry!
    Hoping for help with the Radio station and also getting the band involved or even live music!

IV: STUDENT TICKETS
    Once again, nothing is settled but a more logically solution has come up. We will have different outlets to get tickets (ticket office, Union, GBPAC, etc) Working on A point system for die hards so they would get priority toward tickts say when postseason comes around, (But that is a couple years down the road still, depends on funds)
    TICKETS MUST BE BOUGHT, REDEEMED AS A HARD TICKET AND GIVEN TO TICKET-TAKERS WITH HARD TICKET COPY AND PHOTO ID! (2 days in advance! to get them too!)

That is all for now! Hope that helps you out a lil bit.

BTW...the pisa was great!

P.S. The Student Section name is bout decided, but will remain underwraps until the season comes around to keep you all in suspense! Sorry guys!
    Career (3 sport) Coaching Record: 50-3
    the Future coach of the Depaul Blue Demons

Great to hear students getting signed up!! Should we be promoting Panthernation to new students as well????

I love the ideas for enhancing the tailgating experience at UNI. I think there is still a lot that can be done to promote tailgating and getting students to the game. I really like the idea of getting bands involved as there are tons of quality local bands. Maybe something could be arranged with the Reverb in cedar falls as they get quality live music every night of the week.

how does one get on the panther posse committee?
    Last edited by ubuntuCAT; 08-22-2006, 09:27 AM.
    "I think they're very good," Farley said of the preseason top 25 Hawkeyes. "But so are we."

Comment

Leon originally emailed the members of the Posse last year and we just kept contact with him over an interview and meetings since then. I am sure we will do something in the upcoming spring.
      We have the usual boards (Advertising/Marketing, Promotional, Executive, etc.)
      Career (3 sport) Coaching Record: 50-3
      the Future coach of the Depaul Blue Demons

Comment

That reminds me I should change this forum name

Comment

I love students getting fired up about Panther Athletics...can't wait to see a loud group at the first game!!!
          "10% of life is what happens to you, 90% is how you react to what happens."

Comment

[QUOTE=sauserj;49963]Maybe something could be arranged with the Reverb in cedar falls as they get quality live music every night of the week.
            QUOTE]

Every night? that's pushing it. they do get some talented bands in there, but most of the time it's locals. book your own band night usually isn't quality music.
            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Working...
            X