WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ali Farokhmanesh talks about "The Shot"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali Farokhmanesh talks about "The Shot"

Here is a really good podcast interview with Ali Farokhmanesh in which he talks about "The Shot" among other things. They also talk about the UNLV shot and you can tell he is still close with a lot of those guys from the 2010 team.

I think my favorite part of the interview is hearing Ali talk about getting college kids to care about winning and losing. He says at one point that "losing should hurt," which is awesome. It would be great to have him on the UNI staff one day.

Link:
    https://www.moonlightgrahamshow.com/...s-jayhawk-fans

Re: Ali Farokhmanesh talks about "The Shot"

Yes - this is worth a listen.

"You are what you continually do/practice."
    "My greatest accomplishment is my son."
    "I married up. My wife is a vb player who is 6' with a 33"vertical."

Comment

I enjoyed it as well. I liked how he talked about Lucas O'Rear and how he would purposely drop the ball when taking it out of bounds to get a little more rest.

Comment

We need to get Ali on staff. He would be great recruiting asset

Comment

Drake message board talking about Ali as a possible assistant at Drake under new coach Medved. Medved and Nebraska coach Miles have ties.
          "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Originally posted by Lamoni View Post
            Here is a really good podcast interview with Ali Farokhmanesh in which he talks about "The Shot" among other things. They also talk about the UNLV shot and you can tell he is still close with a lot of those guys from the 2010 team.

I think my favorite part of the interview is hearing Ali talk about getting college kids to care about winning and losing. He says at one point that "losing should hurt," which is awesome. It would be great to have him on the UNI staff one day.

Link:
            https://www.moonlightgrahamshow.com/...s-jayhawk-fans

Thanks so much for linking to this. I hope everyone listens to it. What a great guy. So articulate and reasonable about the good and bad in his career. It would be great to get him back in the state.

Comment

Working...
            X