WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer news soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer news soon

Read on social media that UNI Wrestling maybe getting a transfer in at 141 in the near future.

Re: Transfer news soon

You're kill me with the suspense, LOL! Which social media! Give us a little more bait to go after my friend!

Comment

rumor is a 141 pounder from an in state school possibly.

Comment

Without revealing to much would that transfer be a Iowa High School prep?

Comment

Originally posted by OLD PANTHER View Post
          Without revealing to much would that transfer be a Iowa High School prep?
          for sure, would be a good addition, may be release issues, time will tell

Comment

I will venture 3 guesses that fit the description: Happel or Rathbun from Iowa or Jennings from ISU. Perhaps Longhairz would weigh in? Pun intended....

Comment

Iowa will not release anyone to us directly. If an individual wants to leave there to come here he will have to sit out a year. Iowa would rather smother someone than let them go. It's a tough decision for a young man who is ready to compete. He would only have 3 years or less depending on his eligibility. Here are the 141 listed on Iowas roster for last season. Carter Happel, Dan Murphy, and Vince Turk.
              Listed on ISU. Brady Jennings, Cristian Lopez, Dante Rodriguez, Kanen Storr, and Anthony Wesley.

Comment

I believe this to be true, when a school has a change in the Head Coach (Resign or Fired), the athletes have the ability to transfer without the penalty of sitting out a year of eligibility. Just by looking at Longhairs post, the names and the number of 141 pounders from each of the schools, you could make a good guess!

Comment

I don't believe that is true. I think the school still has to give a release. I think Lopez is done and pretty sure it is not Storr. My Iowa State guess would be Jennings

Comment

Thanks BUF I thought that as well, the University still must give them a release. I also think your selection is the most probable.

Comment

Dayton Racer announced yesterday he is transferring to OSU. He projects 157. Said his other choices were UNI, MINN, and ISU. Could this be the rumor? BPP is this what you heard?

Comment

For whatever reason the wrestler was not listed on the Hawk roster for 16-17 that I googled, he was on the 15-16 roster.

Comment

Why are you being so cryptic?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump View Post
                            For whatever reason the wrestler was not listed on the Hawk roster for 16-17 that I googled, he was on the 15-16 roster.
                            Maybe since he decided to transfer they pulled him off. I know UNI has done similar things for basketball and football.

Hawks on the 15-16 roster at 11
                            Topher Carton - JR
                            Brody Gorhus - SR
                            Logan Ryan - rFR
                            Vince Turk - FR

Hawks on the 16-17 roster
                            Topher Carton - SR
                            Carter Happel - FR
                            Dan Murphy - FR
                            Vince Turk - rFR

So...Logan Ryan from Bettendorf. http://www.hawkeyesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1171

He redshirted in 2014-2015.
                            He wrestled 10 matches in 2015-2016

2 time HS state champ 138 as a JR and SR. Fifth at 132 in as a sophomore, 8th at 112 as a freshman. Bett record holder for single season takedowns (267) and career takedowns (742). School record holder for points in a seaon at 675 and career at 2,041. 2014 USAW Fargo AA. Folkstyle national Champ in 2012 and 20111. Folkstyle AA in 13 and 14.
                            Last edited by claw; 04-24-2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by claw View Post
                              Maybe since he decided to transfer they pulled him off. I know UNI has done similar things for basketball and football.

Hawks on the 15-16 roster at 11
                              Topher Carton - JR
                              Brody Gorhus - SR
                              Logan Ryan - rFR
                              Vince Turk - FR

Hawks on the 16-17 roster
                              Topher Carton - SR
                              Carter Happel - FR
                              Dan Murphy - FR
                              Vince Turk - rFR

So...Logan Ryan from Bettendorf. http://www.hawkeyesports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=1171

He redshirted in 2014-2015.
                              He wrestled 10 matches in 2015-2016

2 time HS state champ 138 as a JR and SR. Fifth at 132 in as a sophomore, 8th at 112 as a freshman. Bett record holder for single season takedowns (267) and career takedowns (742). School record holder for points in a seaon at 675 and career at 2,041. 2014 USAW Fargo AA. Folkstyle national Champ in 2012 and 20111. Folkstyle AA in 13 and 14.
                              You just ruined his fun.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X