WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Ruud Leaving UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: President Ruud Leaving UNI

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
    Uhhh.....what?

With an independent college like Marietta, he doesn't have to act like a little brother at the regents' table. Sounds like he may not have liked getting shot down just for advocating for UNI according to the facts.

Anybody there to hear him speak to the UNI faculty? The paper talked about him being asked by regents to take slides out of presentations. I'd love to know what was in those slides!

Comment

He will assume his new duties on July 3 if approved at the upcoming Board of Regents meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran520 View Post
        He will assume his new duties on July 3 if approved at the upcoming Board of Regents meeting.

News about July 3 . . . reported on July 21?

Or is this just a quote to show that he was planning to start at Marietta on July 3?

Comment

He's a spam account

Comment

UNI Professor Chris Martin took aim at the BoR, citing the non-renewal of Ruud's contract among many claims of a lack of accountability for the Board.

Martin's opinion piece appears in the DMR from last week:

When former University of Northern Iowa president Bill Ruud announced he was leaving, Iowa Board of Regents president Bruce Rastetter praised him for “great progress” and leaving “UNI in a stronger position than when he arrived.”
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Well it's fairly obvious that Branstad isn't going to step on Rastetter's toes anytime soon, so as an honest question, what can people do about this? Is the Iowa Senate the only entity that has the power to actually investigate the BOR and help fix these issues?

Comment

This is starting to feel stranger and stranger as it's gone on.

Yes, there were "working issues" with Ruud and he wasn't overly professional but even with that the more that comes out the more it smells. Especially with everything else that's been going on with the BOR

Comment

Rudd has said that he didn't want to leave in conversations with people I know. I think this is more than a mutual parting of the ways...

Sent from my GS6
                  If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
                    Martin's opinion piece appears in the DMR from last week:
                    Some of Professor Martin's points are valid and well reasoned. Some are no more than political sour grapes.

Comment

Hmmm. A faculty member complaining about the regents. How unusual!

Comment

Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                        Rudd has said that he didn't want to leave in conversations with people I know. I think this is more than a mutual parting of the ways...

Sent from my GS6
                        It certainly wasn't mutual if he didn't want to leave.
                        "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Working...
                        X