WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota hires former Valley coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota hires former Valley coach

Minnesota has hired the former Southern Illinois coach Jerry Kill.

He's got some work to do. Good hire?

Minnesota has hired Northern Illinois coach Jerry Kill, a source told ESPN.com's Joe Schad on Sunday night.
    (217): Just watched a UNI fan at the bar lick the tears off of a KU fans face.. See what march madness does to people

Re: Minnesota hires former Valley coach

Figured it was just a matter of short time before Kill moved on and up. Minnesota could be argued to be moving up as a program, but the Big 10 is the Big 10. I also think he will be successful in turning that program in the right direction. I don't know how he does it, but he has a way of recruiting talent and then coaching them to success. Anyone know anythign about his staff? Do they stick with him / move with him from job to job? He seems to run good programs in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-Sheik View Post
      Figured it was just a matter of short time before Kill moved on and up. Minnesota could be argued to be moving up as a program, but the Big 10 is the Big 10. I also think he will be successful in turning that program in the right direction. I don't know how he does it, but he has a way of recruiting talent and then coaching them to success. Anyone know anythign about his staff? Do they stick with him / move with him from job to job? He seems to run good programs in some way.
      his staff has followed him for the most part. All but one with him to NIU from SIU, most of the came with him to SIU.

Comment

he made NIU pretty good the last few years, quick move up to a BCS conference.

Comment

The guy is a vagabond. I remember him from Pittsburg State.
          TH1974: This guy was all-UNI, and wanted to show it by pretending to play a non-existant musical instrument in public.

Comment

Good for Jerry Kill, not bad considering he was all but dead 5 years ago.
            Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Working...
            X