WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iowa vs Purdue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa vs Purdue

G$'s biggest win here was against LSU in the year they went to the Final Four...
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      G$'s biggest win here was against LSU in the year they went to the Final Four...
      Very true. That LSU team had Tyrus Thomas and the Baby Doc kid who plays for the Celtics. Those two NBA players are better all by themselves than anyone Iowa or Iowa State has recruited in the last 5 years.

GMac almost pulled off a huge upset of Cincinatti as well. Again, a team that at the time was light years ahead of any Iowa/Iowa State team.

Comment

Iowa and Iowa State can go suck an egg.

I've really enjoyed UNI being the only decent basketball team in the state the last few years - it's been one of the few times in my lifetime in this state that I can remember Hawk fans in particular showing anything resembling humility. They don't even argue the point anymore about who's got the best program. Of course, that's what they do best - if the team wins (like they did to inspire the original post), they're all over it; aside from wins like this, they seem to have completely disowned the team and pulled out the calendar to count the days until football season.

Sorry, but I just don't see the point in wishing either of those two schools success if you're a Panther fan. Their attitude towards us has been "little brother" for as long as I can remember, and I'm going to relish our time on top for as long as I can.
        Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
        Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
        - George Halas

Comment

well...i guess i cant accuse you of not carefully thinking through your position before posting...

Comment

I agree with 95 for the most part. I hate the underdog reputation we have, although I do like to see the other teams still be successful. It helps our SOS and makes it even sweeter when we beat them

Comment

Working...
            X